Humidifier

What type of huidifler do yal recommend for humidity in a Panther Chameleon habitat:confused: My humidiy drop down to 20% sometimes and the highest 77%. Habitat is a 48x24x24 mesh

I use a 20 dollar one at the moment. I think any of the warm mist humidifiers you can find will do. Some have more settings that will help if you want a scheduled time.

I have a Jackson who cage will drop to 40% so I leave mine on all day atm and it keeps it 60-70%

I have troubles keeping the humidity up as well. I keep my cham in my bedroom where the humidity will stay at 40, but I keep a humidifier on going straight into my guy's enclisyre 24/7. The one I have is from lowes and the brand is Idylis. I got it for 70 dollars or so. Kind of a lot, but I don't know any other way to keep humidity up

This one really cranks out the mist.

Attachments

• hello k (436x475).jpg
    hello k (436x475).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 147
I use a 20 dollar one at the moment. I think any of the warm mist humidifiers you can find will do. Some have more settings that will help if you want a scheduled time.

I have a Jackson who cage will drop to 40% so I leave mine on all day atm and it keeps it 60-70%

Be careful...different manufacturers label humidifiers "warm mist" or "cool mist", but its the technology you need to check out. If the humidifier is an ultrasonic type, it will use super high vibration to create fog that is about room temperature (because the water sitting in the unit's reservoir stabilizes at room temp over time). This is the type you want to use. Some units labeled as warm mist types are actually vaporizers. They boil the reservoir water to produce steam. If this is too close to cage plants or your cham it can injure or burn.
l

I've been using a Crane Drop humidifier, it's like $50, but works great. It's an ultrasonic cool mist. I have it running next to the enclosure, and it got the humidity up from 20% to 60+%, and my panther sits/sleeps near it a lot. I have a Mist King running at intervals throughout the day for drinking, but it didn't raise the humidity nearly enough throughout the day.

Have any of you guys attached a tube to te humidifier and taped it on the side of your enclosure or anything? Just need a few ideas and want to see what has worked

Attachments

• WIN_20150316_155908.jpg
    WIN_20150316_155908.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 242
Bump'

I purchased this humidifier for my Jackson, he seemed a little confused about the mist while the light was on. I left and now he's asleep in it, loving it.

Can I run this 24/7? Is that a common thing? Or should I only run it off and on when needed?

IMG_4229.PNG
(Humidity normally 45-50, it's hard to get it up higher without really drenching everything)

- we got some of the green floor matts im going to put in on the walls for extra climbing space and to try to hold humidity better.

Don't run it 24/7. No need to do that and it will keep the cage totally saturated. Not a good thing, Set up a good quality humidity gauge and use it to test how often and how long to cycle the humidifier. You can control on and off cycles with a plug in timer. The main problem with this model will be where to put it so the fog actually goes into the cage. If you put it inside the cage the moisture will damage or kill the wiring inside. If you put it outside the cage you'll need some way to direct the fog where you want it to go....and not all over the furniture or carpet below. Some other models have more defined spouts that you can connect PVC pipe or tubing to and direct the fog into the cage.

IMG_2124.JPG
IMG_2125.JPG
IMG_2126.JPG
IMG_2127.JPG
IMG_2128.JPG
What type of huidifler do yal recommend for humidity in a Panther Chameleon habitat:confused: My humidiy drop down to 20% sometimes and the highest 77%. Habitat is a 48x24x24 mesh
We have the same size cage.
Every other Saturday stuff at GOODWILL is 50% off. I picked up 2 humidifiers for $5 each. Then I went to Home Depot with them, found the PVC aisle and started playing.

IF they don't work take the tank off, fill the base with bottled water and vinegar (ratios? I have no idea) turn it on and let it do it's thing over night. The room you do this in will reek of vinegar btw. If they still don't work take'em back.

Attachments

• IMG_2129.JPG
    IMG_2129.JPG
    356.4 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2130.JPG
    IMG_2130.JPG
    368.4 KB · Views: 113
You're PVC experiment made me think of our humidifier. We picked up one of these humidifiers and it works great compared to what we've had in the past. You can direct the mist with the nozzles, it's quiet, it doesn't look like a humidifier and it has no filter (washable media). A bit pricey but sooo much better than having to change filters and great for the Cham.
upload_2016-11-11_14-37-37.png

Back
Top Bottom