Humidifier

I use that same model and put a PVC pipe over the nozzle that directs the mist straight into the cage. Helps a lot with humidity and my chams would often sit in the mist intentionally.

I just purchased a "personal" ultrasonic humidifier from Walgreens (store brand). It uses a 20 oz bottle (coca cola, pepsi), but I found that I was running out of water fast. So I tried with a 2 liter coca cola bottle and it works. This thing is awesome! I connected a braided vinyl hose to the spout and directed it to the top of the cage. The output is great for such a small unit, and it only cost $28.

You find your chameleons benefit from having it in the room ?

Since it is relatively dry where I live I use the humidifier to increase the humidity of my entire room. The humidity before was 30% and now it is high 40s or low 50s all the time. Or you could funnel it into the the enclosure as suggested.

We got one from Walgreen's as well it holds about 1 gallon of water and we fill it everyother day. We connected some flex hose and PVC to direct it into the enclosure and it works really well. Our Jackson will often just sit under the mist.

Well I was thinking of buying one for the room since its only used to house chameleons

How big is the room? Do you have any furniture, carpets, closets, in it? If you try to keep the entire room humid you need to watch for mildew and water damage to the room's contents, especially things that are stored unused for periods of time. Learned that the hard way! And, trying to keep the entire room humid will take a lot more water. A smaller unit such as the one described directed into the cham cage can be cycled with a timer more efficiently.

Don't use a 2 liter bottle lol! Came home yesterday and it had collapsed in on itself and the humidifier wasn't pumping out any mist. I guess there was too much water in the tank. Weird. Anyway, I have a 20 oz bottle back on. :rolleyes:

I had no idea you could get little ones to direct right into the cage itself. Too cool, I will look around for sure :) Humidity isn't a challenge for me now but my veiled is getting a big boy cage soon and I want to make sure I can keep it nice and humid for him

Ahh I remember 2013...I like the brand called Honeywell or Hunter...keep the room nice and fresh,good for the nose on human and lots chamy friends shedding. Skin...yup...yup

Yes thank you and I already notice,please see the next thread on my reply...I love the observations person like me...you the best Carlton...god bless...yup..yup

Back
Top Bottom