Humidifier Setup + Dripper + Misting?

AZJ0SH

For those of you who are using a humidifier for their enclosures, do you also use a dripper or just do some misting? I wasn't sure if doing all 3 would be overkill or not.

Here in AZ we have very low humidity, I setup my plants and I am keeping 35-45% humidity currently with no humidifier, so I am hoping the humidifier will get me up to 50+%

I live in florida and mist 3X a day, use the dripper, and when humidity runs low because of the A/C, i use my humidifier. Not overkill IMO

I live in florida and mist 3X a day, use the dripper, and when humidity runs low because of the A/C, i use my humidifier. Not overkill IMO

Good to know. I have been running my A/C a lot here since we hit 100 degrees. I will just keep an eye on the humidity levels.

They won't be able to drink from the humidifier. Mine doesn't really condense on the leaves and it's been on all day before with no visible droplets anywhere. So you'll need to do something else to give your cham water to drink. I use a dripper primarily but mist as well.

They won't be able to drink from the humidifier. Mine doesn't really condense on the leaves and it's been on all day before with no visible droplets anywhere. So you'll need to do something else to give your cham water to drink. I use a dripper primarily but mist as well.

mine condenses at the top of the cage and forms a 3" diameter circle of water droplets. Sometimes I see my female getting some droplets. But yes, a dripper is definitely more effective and should be prioritized over a humidifier.

Also, always clean the humidifier.

Well yeah, I wanted to use at least one true water source, and then the humidifier, sorry if I was not clear.

mine condenses at the top of the cage and forms a 3" diameter circle of water droplets. Sometimes I see my female getting some droplets. But yes, a dripper is definitely more effective and should be prioritized over a humidifier.

Also, always clean the humidifier.

How often, after each daily refill? Or just once a week? Can I use regular tap water?

Also, my plan is to just have the humidifier come up from the bottom of the enclosure and raise up, is that ok? I see some people start at the top.

Yeah, that's what I did. I bought a humidifier from Walgreens and altered it so that 2 hoses came out. This way I could leave the humidifier on the ground (no worries about spills) and the hoses just come up through the back of the cages and let the fog fall from the top of the enclosure. It creates a really cool "mood" in the cage and also helps keep the humidity up. I get around 18-24 hours run time per fill of the reservoir. Works perfectly, one humidifier for 2 cages.

Yeah, that's what I did. I bought a humidifier from Walgreens and altered it so that 2 hoses came out. This way I could leave the humidifier on the ground (no worries about spills) and the hoses just come up through the back of the cages and let the fog fall from the top of the enclosure. It creates a really cool "mood" in the cage and also helps keep the humidity up. I get around 18-24 hours run time per fill of the reservoir. Works perfectly, one humidifier for 2 cages.

How many hours to you run it, do you run it in the morning right away or later in the day?

I bought the humidifier I saw another using, and mounted 1.5" PVC pipe on it that leads up to the bottom of my encosure, it would let the "fog" out from the bottom is that ok? or do I need to run a pipe up to the top.

I assumed the "fog" would raise.

I ran it all the way to the top because that way the "fog" covers the entire cage. If you run it all the time at the bottom, it'll just not allow the floor to dry up thus creating a possibility for bacterial build up. I use mine whenever I see humidity is low (usually in the morning when I check my chams). And let it run until the water runs out. After that I'll just see if I still need it. Sometimes after a heavy mist, I run the "fogger". Since the sides get "clogged" with water droplets from the misting, the "fog" cannot escape and looks like actual fog inside the cage. After that, I let everything dry up to prevent any fungal or bacterial build ups.

I ran it all the way to the top because that way the "fog" covers the entire cage. If you run it all the time at the bottom, it'll just not allow the floor to dry up thus creating a possibility for bacterial build up. I use mine whenever I see humidity is low (usually in the morning when I check my chams). And let it run until the water runs out. After that I'll just see if I still need it. Sometimes after a heavy mist, I run the "fogger". Since the sides get "clogged" with water droplets from the misting, the "fog" cannot escape and looks like actual fog inside the cage. After that, I let everything dry up to prevent any fungal or bacterial build ups.

That does make sense, I don't want any unnecessary build up of water, I am going to run the pipe up to the top of the enclosure and let it roll out from there.

Does it leave a noticeable fog in the cage? That seems like it would add a really cool, almost jungle-type effect.

The way I have it set up, after a heavy mist, it does contain all of the fog, so after 10 minutes, it is all foggy in there.. pretty cool looking.

Hey Guys,new to the forum and first time chatin. Just got a Veiled Chameleon female and am a little worried she's not gettin enough water. I've only seen her drink once since I've had her. She has small amounts of yellow in her urate. I'm using a drip system and I mist 3 to 4 times a day. I am providing her crickets vegetation and fruits. All I haven't done is install a jacuzzi. Any suggestions?:confused:

Hey Guys,new to the forum and first time chatin. Just got a Veiled Chameleon female and am a little worried she's not gettin enough water. I've only seen her drink once since I've had her. She has small amounts of yellow in her urate. I'm using a drip system and I mist 3 to 4 times a day. I am providing her crickets vegetation and fruits. All I haven't done is install a jacuzzi. Any suggestions?:confused:

Hey and welcome to the forum! Start a new thread and everyone will be able to help you

Back
Top Bottom