Humidifier Advice?

Apl3jck

I was wondering where I should put my humidifier? I figured it wouldnt be a good idea to put it IN the cage cause I wouldnt want him crawling on it and getting hurt... would it have the same effect if I place it next to the cage? I have a 3ft. by 2ft. by 4ft. screen cage. any tips?

I was wondering where I should put my humidifier? I figured it wouldnt be a good idea to put it IN the cage cause I wouldnt want him crawling on it and getting hurt... would it have the same effect if I place it next to the cage? I have a 3ft. by 2ft. by 4ft. screen cage. any tips?

Placing it next to his cage should be fine. It is an ultra-sonic humidifier correct?

Placing it next to his cage should be fine. It is an ultra-sonic humidifier correct?
Yes it is, and the humidifier will help to keep the cage more moist correct? because It feels like 15 minutes after i spray the place its bone dry again :/

Yes it is, and the humidifier will help to keep the cage more moist correct? because It feels like 15 minutes after i spray the place its bone dry again :/

Well not necessarily more moist, but it will keep humidity up. What species are you keeping?

Well not necessarily more moist, but it will keep humidity up. What species are you keeping?

Michael is right. You want to keep the humidity up but not the enclosure moist. You will want to let his enclosure dry out between mistings but keep the humidity up. With a humidifier you shouldnt need to mist as often because the water droplets will stay on the leaves longer creating a longer drinking op. A dripper is good too for not getting the whole enclosure wet. It will give him a spot to drink from without making the whole enclosure wet. I just use plastic cups with a hole poked in the bottom. It might take a couple times to get the hole the right size so it doesnt drip to much or too less. You can use 1 liter bottles, gallon jugs etc. Use a drip catcher to catch most of the drops as they get to the bottom of the enclosure so it doesnt make a mess. It can take some playing with to get right.

Kinyongia rule and all others drool:cool:

Michael is right. You want to keep the humidity up but not the enclosure moist. You will want to let his enclosure dry out between mistings but keep the humidity up. With a humidifier you shouldnt need to mist as often because the water droplets will stay on the leaves longer creating a longer drinking op. A dripper is good too for not getting the whole enclosure wet. It will give him a spot to drink from without making the whole enclosure wet. I just use plastic cups with a hole poked in the bottom. It might take a couple times to get the hole the right size so it doesnt drip to much or too less. You can use 1 liter bottles, gallon jugs etc. Use a drip catcher to catch most of the drops as they get to the bottom of the enclosure so it doesnt make a mess. It can take some playing with to get right.

Kinyongia rule and all others drool:cool:
thats a brilliant idea man! thank you, saves me a lot of time and water

I rigged up some PVC piping to my humidifer so it go straight into their cages rather than just the whole room. It works really well for multiple cages off one humidifer without having the humidifer front and center in front of everything else! Mine is tucked under the cages invisible to anyone looking.

I rigged up some PVC piping to my humidifer so it go straight into their cages rather than just the whole room. It works really well for multiple cages off one humidifer without having the humidifer front and center in front of everything else! Mine is tucked under the cages invisible to anyone looking.
Another great idea! ill give that a shot.

whats the difference between a normal cool humidifier and a ultra sonic humidifier? I think i am gonna give this a try.

Back
Top Bottom