~*huge*~

I don't think I could ever deal with a macaw, but I've been looking at conures. How do your birds and chams get along? Can they be in the same room without agitating each other?

Youd have to make sure they dont see each other.
I would expect a bird to be natural predators to chams.

Ive heard other people say they have theyre birds on the other
side of the room in striaght eye sight of each other and
it didnt bother them

BUTTTTT
I would make sure they couldnt see each other any ways :)

And I use to have a macaw when I was a kid,
it was absolutly beautiful,
she was a sweet heart :)

I dont keep them in the same room just because my two macaws scream all day and there def not quite. just to avoid possible stress to the chams why take a chance. Besides that i wouldn't see why you couldn't keep them in the same room. i'm sure one macaw would be a lot quitter then two males yelling at each other.

Youd have to make sure they dont see each other.
I would expect a bird to be natural predators to chams.

Ive heard other people say they have theyre birds on the other
side of the room in striaght eye sight of each other and
it didnt bother them

BUTTTTT
I would make sure they couldnt see each other any ways :)

And I use to have a macaw when I was a kid,
it was absolutly beautiful,
she was a sweet heart :)

A CB macaw wont hunt a cham for food. BUTTT quite often my guys have flew off there cages and just climbed up whatever they dam well fell like. If that object was you chams cage or chams tree a face to face confrontation prob wouldn't end good for the cham if he/she was out of the cage or just on a tree or something.

So putting them across the room would be a good idea and close supervision would be need if one or both were out of there cages. a cham finding it way onto a macaw's cage also most likely wouldnt end well.

Ohh I wasnt saying that the CB macaw would eat any chams :p
What I ment was that since I assumed a bird would be a natural predator to
chams,
it might make the cham stressed seeing the macaw :p

I dont keep them in the same room just because my two macaws scream all day and there def not quite. just to avoid possible stress to the chams why take a chance. Besides that i wouldn't see why you couldn't keep them in the same room. i'm sure one macaw would be a lot quitter then two males yelling at each other.

I think with a macaw I wouldn't put them in the same room, but with a conure, maybe. I was thinking of a conure, much smaller. The only reason to put them in the same room is that I have a spare room downstairs that I could close my dog out of, which may be to everyone's benefit. He's not too interested in the cham but the cham really tenses up if he's around.

I think with a macaw I wouldn't put them in the same room, but with a conure, maybe. I was thinking of a conure, much smaller. The only reason to put them in the same room is that I have a spare room downstairs that I could close my dog out of, which may be to everyone's benefit. He's not too interested in the cham but the cham really tenses up if he's around.

I wouldn't see a problem with a conure as long as there far apart enough seeing that a conure is a very high energy bird

Personally I only like the bigger birds. Mine never really bit he would nip or taste you though. With smaller birds their beaks are different usually much sharper and bites can be much worse from a small bird than a big macaw. Worse bite ive ever had was from a ringneck. Macaws usually pinch small birds tend too tear the skin and puncture much more when biting. Jmpo.

Back
Top Bottom