Hubby wants... Need help with this one! Please

kokom05lb

So my husband mensioned the yesterday that he would like me to make the bottom half of the enclosure into Freckles enclosure. But if I remember correctly the recommended size for an adult beardie is 48"x24"x24". The bottom half which was originally planned for storage, is 39"x23"x18". There is a a area where I can put the lights. He is small for his age. And he will be let out to free range when I'm home just like Admiral and Yoda.

Please anyone have any suggestions?

It will likely be barely enough space. Especially if you can work something out where maybe there is another level to the enclosure (more surface area to walk on).

Here are mine. It is 5x2x2 ft though. But you see you can do something like this to add more surface area.

I have 2 stacked. They are just slate tiles for easy cleaning. And then cinderblocks from home depot. You could also use a type of wood called luan. It comes in 8x4 ft sheets, and is about 1/4" thick. You could use this for another level (with supports underneath).

Ok thank you.

I rescued the poor guy from his previous owner. They didnt give him the proper care, lighting, food, etc so hes extremely small. He's also very lazy. What I might be able to do is extend the base out to 48"L so he could have some surface space. Maybe even extend the main enclosure to 48"L.
All I need is 6"T and 25"L for the drainage tub. So that would leave some space for lights ect.

Are you saying you have to put the 6"x24" tub IN the possible new beardeds enclosure, making it smaller than the initial size you mentioned?

The size for the entire chameleon enclosure including stand is 65"T 39"L 23"W. Enclosure itself is 40"T 25"L 23"W with a free range

With a freed range making it 14"L 23"W 40"T
The stand without the dranage is 23"x25"39
With drainage and in a small section its 23"x18"39

So if I extend it to to 48"this is what we mig
ht be looking at

Frame work: 23"x48"x65"
Chameleon Enclosure: 23"x30"x40"
Chameleon Free Range 23"x24"x40"

My 2 beardies did fine in a 20"x32"x48 tall ferret cage. They would just shimmy up the sides of the cage to a few platforms. Now that they are 13 years old they are grounded and more or less just go from the sleeping log to the hot rock.

Back
Top Bottom