How's my cage look

David426sc

Just wondering what y'all think of my tank setup I didn't like it the way it was and changed it up. I cut some branches from the yard. In the bottom I have one live plant to try and help out the humity Also have a fake vine that runs from the top all the way around the cage to the bottom. Wasn't sure how to attach the stuff without messing up the screen wire so I got thumb tacks and used them like nails with bug heads. Seem to hold really good. Kinda had one of the branches fall when I was trying to put a tack in the other side and it ripped the screen but thankfully it's not so bad that I couldn't make it work I also got a new moon light heat bulb and it's kinda cool looking. We have a old house and I was scared it might get to cold at night next week when they calling for snow lol. It's in the forecast but won't never snow here. 30 mins east of Atlanta ga. We never see snow. But cold yes Anyways. Thanks for stoping by and if you would. Let me know what to change. And show me your tank setup. Thanks again. David

Attachments

• IMG_0031.JPG
    IMG_0031.JPG
    301.8 KB · Views: 158
how far away is the basking branch from the uvb bulb?
There are two that go from around 10 inches up to like 3 inches. The light that's on is a heat bulb moon light. I have a double light in the back. UVB and a red heat bulb I think. At the branch in the center it's around 80

There are two that go from around 10 inches up to like 3 inches. The light that's on is a heat bulb moon light. I have a double light in the back. UVB and a red heat bulb I think. At the branch in the center it's around 80
just make sure the basking branch is about 7 inches from the uvb. You dont want it too low where the uvb dosent reach, but you also dont want it too high where the cham will burn itself

just make sure the basking branch is about 7 inches from the uvb. You dont want it too low where the uvb dosent reach, but you also dont want it too high where the cham will burn itself
Thanks I will check it out and make sure it's in the right spot

Thats what I was gonna say, no lights at all at night. These guys have a parietal eye in the center of their head that detects light. Most people dont know that. Also, its good that the temp drops at night a little.

Just as everyone said, no light at night. It might look neat but it will end up disrupting his sleep and his day/night schedule which he needs to regulate hormones. If it were to drop below 50, if he's in the house it shouldn't, then you can get a ceramic heat bulb that puts off no light. The temp drop at night helps with their metabolism so as long as he's got a good bright basking spot he's golden.

It looks like everything at the top is near the back. Try to put another layer of sticks and foliage at the top front to so your guy can be hidden. A small live plant and a few branches would be good.

Just as everyone said, no light at night. It might look neat but it will end up disrupting his sleep and his day/night schedule which he needs to regulate hormones. If it were to drop below 50, if he's in the house it shouldn't, then you can get a ceramic heat bulb that puts off no light. The temp drop at night helps with their metabolism so as long as he's got a good bright basking spot he's golden.
Ya I don't have any lights on in the middle of the night. We keep the house at around 70 temp so I think he will be ok. Also my lights don't seem to light up all the way to the bottom of the cage. Is this ok. He eats good. But likes to sit maybe 4 inches from the heat and uvb bulb. He moves around a little bit in the cage. But likes to kinda lay up there and chill. I hope he is ok. The pet store I got him from didn't know nothing about chameleons and it's sad. Around here know ones knows anything about them. Went to pet smart and got a new zoo med mini deep dome light. Omg a long rant could come from this place. Let's say I won't be going back if I can help it. Anyways. They had a veiled chameleon and the poor thing looked almost dead. It was light gray. The temp was around 50 in there and no humidity I got them to fix it but man so sad Then to top it off everything I got from there was broken. Even the cool moon heat lamp blew out in like 1 hour. Gods way of saying. No night light dummy. So thanks guys and big man up stairs. I could use and will use any advice that anyone sends my way. I got a misting system coming. Also seen where on here people where using a cool mist humidifier and bought one of them also. No pet store Carry calcium with out d3. So I got some from eBay. As I love to shop there But anyways. Thanks for the help guys and gals. Please keep the massages coming and post me some pics of your cage setups. Thanks David

It looks like everything at the top is near the back. Try to put another layer of sticks and foliage at the top front to so your guy can be hidden. A small live plant and a few branches would be good.
It actually only one in the back left corner. The limbs are in the middle and there is one live plant in the bottom. I also added a few more branches so he can make his rounds But he still like climbing in the dang wire. I have a few more fake plants I could hang in there I will get a few more pics and post them

Should I put something top right side. This is the left side view. The front door is to the right side of the pic obviously lol

IMG_0040.JPG
Here Phteven is in the live plant that's in the bottom of the cage. He was chasing crickets in the bottom of his cage. I like to let them go so he has to find them as he would in the wilderness

Thats what I was gonna say, no lights at all at night. These guys have a parietal eye in the center of their head that detects light. Most people dont know that. Also, its good that the temp drops at night a little.
They have 3 eyes ???? I see 2 of them

Man that is one good looking chameleon you have there. Send me a baby lol.
Also, here is a little bit of a ?oney saver for you. This is a $7 mist maker. I use these on top of every cage i have. I just drop one in a plastic bowl. I make holes around the top, put the lid on and the mist rolls down into the cage below. Cheaper than a $70 fogger every 6 months and much more humid than a floor humidifier.

Attachments

• 14832362201621838299877.jpg
    14832362201621838299877.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 114
  • 1483236584039-190907071.jpg
    1483236584039-190907071.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom