How to

Toddfather

How do I get my baby chameleon to eat and what’s the best thing for a 2 month old. I’ve tried just putting worms or crickets in a cup and he hasn’t ate and I’ve tried putting them on the side wall. I definitely can’t hand feed obviously.

Welcome! How long have you had your little guy? Does you set up have enough cover? Have you tried leaving them and not watching lol. You may just have a shy eater.

Yeah I left a couple worms in his cup overnight and while I was at work and I’ve only had him 2 days now. This is him chillin under the dripped plant!

Attachments

• D319EFEB-8E3C-40D9-BFD4-BCFADBBD71F9.jpeg
    D319EFEB-8E3C-40D9-BFD4-BCFADBBD71F9.jpeg
    235.9 KB · Views: 101
Awe, he’s cute! He won’t eat the worms at night because they sleep all night. What type of feeders are you giving him? Just worms? He may not be interested in them or they may be too big. What type of worms? And Have you seen him drink?

I got my juvenile veiled when she was 9 weeks old, and while Kismet ate for me (from my hands no less!) on day one, she went on a hunger strike for the next two while she was settling in. How large are the feeders? You might try going down a size.

Letting a couple crickets free roam might help stimulate your little one's appetite. It took Kismet is a little while to figure out her feeding bowl, and now she sprints to me when she sees me coming!

Having the same prob with my new panthers. Try putting a plastic cup with like 15 1/4” crickets and about 50 fruit flies in with a popsicle stick in it for the bugs to slowly crawl out. Babies often won’t recognize or feel comfortable feeding from a cup, but they’re happy to tag bugs on a popsicle stick. Make sure they’re dusted properly, and he’ll tag some for sure. Alternatively, you could use a feeder run cup.

May be a dumb question idk but won’t the fruit flys get out of my mesh cage? And I plan on going and buying extra small crickets and stuff tomorrow

Depends on the diameter of the mesh, if you have a reptibreeze I would think it would be ok. Might have to just test it out and see lol. Keep us updated! :)

May be a dumb question idk but won’t the fruit flys get out of my mesh cage? And I plan on going and buying extra small crickets and stuff tomorrow
Fruit flies don't fly and tend to not stray too far from the food source. I put a little media (fruit fly food) at the base of a stick and have a few flies crawl up it... then place that either in the cage, or in a small cup in the cage. They don't really venture far.

I also agree that "free range" crickets usually are best for a young or even new to you cham. Be careful though not to put a bunch in at once. As stated, crickets are nocturnal and tend to bite chams. (You can add a small amount of cricket food in the cage or a piece of veg)

Well as soon as I get off work ima get some flys and extra small crickets and can you dust fruit fly’s like you do everything else or what?

Well as soon as I get off work ima get some flys and extra small crickets and can you dust fruit fly’s like you do everything else or what?
Yup, just dump a few into a plastic cup, and dust ‘em links anything else

Back
Top Bottom