how to transport to vet

I am making my chameleon a vet appointment, just wanted some ideas on how some of you transported your chameleon to the vet? Did you bring lights with you?

I used one of the plastic faunariums to transport my girl today. I padded the bottom and half of the sides with a tea towel and put a few branches in for her to perch. That did the trick, although we didn't have a far drive to our clinic.

I use a cardboard box, with a thick dish towel in the bottom with a stick lodged in it. He scratches around a bit but eventually goes to sleep :)

I use a styrofoam box, which was originally a cooler. I don't use any light. Good luck at the vet!

Well we used a box today as our drive to the vet was 1.5 hours. However, if you do not tape the top all the way to the edges here is what happens.......what an escape artist.

Montyincar.jpg

Another note is the branch will twist so next time I will try to secure it so it doesn't spin while he is on it.

Well we used a box today as our drive to the vet was 1.5 hours. However, if you do not tape the top all the way to the edges here is what happens.......what an escape artist.

Montyincar.jpg

Another note is the branch will twist so next time I will try to secure it so it doesn't spin while he is on it.

lol this is too funny! And kind of adorable! :D

Back
Top Bottom