How to transport and move a chameleon [VIDEO]

Gingero

Neptune the Chameleon
Site Sponsor
Need to take your chameleon to the vet? Moving a few hours away? Here are some tips and tricks for transporting and moving a chameleon. If you are moving more than a few hours away then you will need to come up with a more robust plan involving food and proper enclosures.

Oh my gosh, perfect timing for making this video! I will be moving in a few weeks and was getting nervous about how to transport my chameleon. I'm wondering if the information you shared will also apply to the specifics of my move. I will have a 10-12 hours drive and I'm worried about how long he will have to go without water (especially if I pack him up the night before). Should I be misting him during the drive or leave him along until we get to our destination? Additionally, we won't make it to our final destination until late at night. Should I still put his enclosure together and get him in there at evening or do I wait to disturb him in the morning? I want to make this trip as smooth as possible for him: help!

Personally, I would not mist him and just leave him alone. I would also just let him sleep in his travel box and transfer him into his cage in the morning. Just be sure to give him a good long misting once you put him in his new home.

Back
Top Bottom