How to teach chameleons to hand feed

They are so adorable! When I had my babies I would hand feed, cup feed and free range feed but most breeders (especially the big breeders) don't have time for that. Whoever gets one of your babies will be so lucky to have such a friendly baby. :)

gorgeous :) I need to get a baby from you ;)

Any tips on a baby that has not been handled/hand-fed? My 4 month old seems like he's gonna take some time and work before he will hand feed.

gorgeous :) I need to get a baby from you ;)

Any tips on a baby that has not been handled/hand-fed? My 4 month old seems like he's gonna take some time and work before he will hand feed.

thanks. I always recommend free ranging and hand feeding whenever possible. it really does work wonders. I brought home a very aggressive adult female veiled last Friday. She got a free range area in our living room and started hand feeding within a couple days and now is fairly easy to handle. A little hissy still but she is no longer trying to attack me if I get near her.

We get asked a lot how ours are so friendly and what can be done so I put it all in a blog post so people could see what we do:
http://thechameleonfarm.blogspot.com/2013/03/raising-social-chameleons.html

awesome, I'll have a look.

I have no room to free range him at the moment, and no sure how to hand onto the crickets for hand feeding XD I'll just have to practice holding them.

I may set up a free range at the new apartment. Just have to find a way to make it cat-proof. Maybe he can have his own room.

Back
Top Bottom