How to spruce up a screen cage?

Hello all, is there anything I can do for my panthers cage, currently he has a hanging pothos and a umbrella plant potted at the bottom. Along with a ton of vines and branches. For misting I have a aqua zamp rain dome.

However I always see these super awesome glass cages with like moss floors, cork backgrounds and other awesome things. I am by no means an chameleon expert but is there anything beyond the basics I can do for him.

Hello all, is there anything I can do for my panthers cage, currently he has a hanging pothos and a umbrella plant potted at the bottom. Along with a ton of vines and branches. For misting I have a aqua zamp rain dome.

However I always see these super awesome glass cages with like moss floors, cork backgrounds and other awesome things. I am by no means an chameleon expert but is there anything beyond the basics I can do for him.

The first consideration for a cage needs to be what works for your cham, not you. What may seem "basic" to you may be very comfortable for your cham. Not all those items you are seeing are appropriate for a cham cage, including moss floors. I don't like cork backgrounds as they seem to take up cage space that could be filled with healthy live plants.

You could diversify the types of potted plants you use in your cage. And, to add some color you can always weave in a few artificial silk leaved or flowered sprays.

I personally don't have a moss floor, but I remember seeing a setup some time back with it and from I understand the owner had great success with it.

I have read orchids do well in their cages but what value will they add for chameleon?

Maybe if you layered small vines and weaves them on the back of the cage it would be cool, but make sure you Cham can climb on em'. Or, what you could also do is like Carlton said, layer plants also. You could add sticks in a horizontal from back to front, too if you had enough room. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a glass cage for ventilation reasons.

Back
Top Bottom