How To Sex Baby Panthers

Guess I need to start looking for a male instead of a female now.. So bummed right now because the sire had such great colors imo

dude....if you ever plan to breed, whixh you should hold up on...the females genes are just as important.....she has the sires genes its just you cant see, them....lol

who knows you mite find something even better....goodluck:)

Thanks for the info..I was looking to get 2 more chams for right now with the intention of starting a breeding project sometime in the future once they mature but like you said she's healthy and looks good so I really cant complain :D

Please help to recognize the sex

I bought baby panther amilobe blue-red male, two months old. I am not sure if it is a male, but I am hoping. What do you think??

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Thank you

65% sure it's male, can't really see a bulge but it does have a thick tail. young males typicaly are more tan and lighter, while females are more brown to pink. another way to tell is comparing the horizontal stripe, your cham's brothers will have a more distinctive stripe that isn't broken up as much, while females will have a less distinctive and broken up stripe. look at photos of any female/male and you'll see what I'm talking about, but it's better to compare to your's brothers and sisters because each panther has a different stripe.

here's mine when two months, ignore the thing on his shoulder, he had something on him lol. it's not the best picture of him, he usually gets alot lighter and more tan. see how distinctive his stripe is tho.

heres the daddy, the stripes are almost identical and basicly not broken up at all.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, I forget who is this stunner? I recall him being labeled as an unusual Ambilobe... More like an unusual Nosy Faly... :p

uncle sampson from kaleidoscopechameleons.com the lady sold this little guy to me for 150. honestly i think they are the cheapest place i've found and amazing customer service.

another way to tell is by trying to make him fire up, mine hates the sound of the camera noise on my itouch.. heres a couple pics from b4 and leading up, bars get more vivid folowed by color change start happening

aw he's so happy
chillin1.jpg

uuhhh ohh
peed1.jpg

putting his hands together, time to go ninja!
peed2.jpg

peed3.jpg

peed4.jpg

Here are some images where the stripe is visible.When I hold him in hand, he change color like on previous images. Hope it is HE. What do you think?
7.jpg

8.jpg

This is father

9.jpg

Thanks

65% sure it's male, can't really see a bulge but it does have a thick tail. young males typicaly are more tan and lighter, while females are more brown to pink. another way to tell is comparing the horizontal stripe, your cham's brothers will have a more distinctive stripe that isn't broken up as much, while females will have a less distinctive and broken up stripe. look at photos of any female/male and you'll see what I'm talking about, but it's better to compare to your's brothers and sisters because each panther has a different stripe.

here's mine when two months, ignore the thing on his shoulder, he had something on him lol. it's not the best picture of him, he usually gets alot lighter and more tan. see how distinctive his stripe is tho.

heres the daddy, the stripes are almost identical and basicly not broken up at all.

pretty darn sure he is a male! on those pics i can see a very very very small bulge starting to come in on the tail, and the stripe is pretty strong. but ya never know till he's older.

Another Male/Female Question?

I'm new to this forum (just signed up) and new to owning chameleons this year. I recently bought a baby panther chameleon and it would be awesome if I could get opinions on whether it's a male or female. I'm attaching pictures...hope this works! Thanks!

Need second opinion on 4 little one´s

IMAG0524.jpg

IMAG0494.jpg

IMAG0517.jpg

IMAG0491.jpg

Yesterday i became the proud owner of four small panther chameleons, about 2 months old. Im not sure about the sex, my guess would be one Boy, and tree girls - but what say u?

Thanks in advance :)

(Sorry for the spelling my English is a litle rusty, and for the quality of the pictures too)

#3 is definitely a female. The others' photos aren't quite clear enough for me to be confident, though. I'd lean male on #1 and female on the others for now. Can you get pictures with them posed like the ones in some of the page one posts?

Back
Top Bottom