How To Sex Baby Panthers

Depending on the locale, I allways look for the gularskin colours.
Males usually have grey to blueish colours and females have red to orange.

Ankaramy and some nosy mitsio males can also show red colours in the gular skin.

http://kamaeleoner.dk/kamaeleoner-i-fangenskab/32-pasningsvejledninger/30-artsprofil-furcifer-pardalis.html

That's really interesting - I read that in a chameleon book I saw at LLL the other day. The book mentioned that it was an easier way to gauge sex than the hemipenal bulge. I didn't put much trust into that, but it's interesting that someone else has used that method to some success as well.

That's really interesting - I read that in a chameleon book I saw at LLL the other day. The book mentioned that it was an easier way to gauge sex than the hemipenal bulge. I didn't put much trust into that, but it's interesting that someone else has used that method to some success as well.

Yes Mine turns out to be a male after all. I would say it's definitely accurate

Hey all, new here, and this is my first panther chameleon (I previously had a Jackson). Could anyone help me, I was told this should be a male but I'm not sure! I really don't know how old he/she is, I believe about a month? Any help is appreciated!

imagexbf.jpg

Hey all, new here, and this is my first panther chameleon (I previously had a Jackson). Could anyone help me, I was told this should be a male but I'm not sure! I really don't know how old he/she is, I believe about a month? Any help is appreciated!

imagexbf.jpg

I vote male :)

Thanks Donatello, any more opinions? By his color and pattern at the shop I thought he was male but I'm leaning female now, I just don't see the bump.

Thanks Donatello, any more opinions? By his color and pattern at the shop I thought he was male but I'm leaning female now, I just don't see the bump.

In my opinion it's a female. Judging by its peach color, the indention nearing the vent I will vote for female!

I am still a little confused on this. So basically the males are straight from tail to belly and the females have an indent before the vent. Correct? and what is a taper?

I am still confuse either with the whol hemipinal bulge and the indention of female. I can sometime see the thick base you guys are saying but still I can't be sure. Most of the time I don't see any bulge as they are still 2-3 mo old.

Also, I have read that male can have exactly peach coloration like baby female. Now, I am confuse even more. lol.

Male or Female

I can't tell if mine is a male or female, any help?

Attachments

• chameleon.jpg
    chameleon.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 485
Hi all.

I have an almost 2 months old baby panther. Could you tell me his/her sex?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 2013-06-09_15-03-47_354.jpg
    2013-06-09_15-03-47_354.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 515
  • 2013-06-09_15-04-31_632.jpg
    2013-06-09_15-04-31_632.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 482
  • 2013-06-09_15-23-35_905.jpg
    2013-06-09_15-23-35_905.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 531
  • 2013-06-09_15-24-38_301.jpg