How To Sex Baby Panthers

Attachments

• IMG_3222.JPG
    IMG_3222.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_3201.JPG
    IMG_3201.JPG
    165.1 KB · Views: 241
Can you guys help me ID this Cham. The breeder said male but seemed somewhat unsure at the time. The colors seem somewhat muted which makes me confused, also, in the top picture it looks like there's an indent (female), but the second picture shows a bulge (male). If anyone could help me out that would be great! I can get some more pictures too if that would help.

IMG_5249.JPG
IMG_5250.JPG

Can you guys help me ID this Cham. The breeder said male but seemed somewhat unsure at the time. The colors seem somewhat muted which makes me confused, also, in the top picture it looks like there's an indent (female), but the second picture shows a bulge (male). If anyone could help me out that would be great! I can get some more pictures too if that would help.

View attachment 182443 View attachment 182444
I'm no expert, but that looks female to me. that "bulge" you see looks like it is actually the chameleon's vent. how old is he/she?

I'm not exactly sure how old, possibly 2 months.
hmm, this is a panther right? looks like a female. male panthers that haven't reached sexual maturity have a little indent at the base of their tail where the balls (sorry I don't know what else to call it) will go later once they are all grown up also, males tails are thicker at the base

hmm, this is a panther right? looks like a female. male panthers that haven't reached sexual maturity have a little indent at the base of their tail where the balls (sorry I don't know what else to call it) will go later once they are all grown up also, males tails are thicker at the base
Yeah it's a panther. And it's hard to tell because online it says males will have a bulge, and that definitely seems like a bulge and not a taper.

THe "Kent-Vent" method works extremely well! :) It often helps, especially on tiny babies, to take a picture of them from the side tail out instead of trying to guage with your eye. It worked on all of my baby Panthers (except for one that turned out to be male instead of female!).
Here are some more pics...
Male
DSCN4617.jpg

DSCN5148.jpg

DSCN5152.jpg

Female...
DSCN4615.jpg

Look at all the color-this is a female!
DSCN5023.jpg

DSCN5223.jpg

DSCN5380.jpg

DSCN5508.jpg

Attachments

• received_1437048376338784.jpeg
    received_1437048376338784.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 193
image.jpeg image.jpeg We were hoping someone could take a guess on what sex this little one is? Thanks in advance, we really appreciate it!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 200
What are my mine? Both pic are the same Chamies.

Attachments

• IMG_1134.JPG
    IMG_1134.JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1137.JPG
    IMG_1137.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 206
Back
Top Bottom