How to make my babies begin to eat Cricket

snake3c

I 've got two cham babies they are about 7 weeks old or more
I heard that fruit flies are not nutritious as much as cricket ?
When I put cricket in front of them .They just watch and watch , then go away
Should I stop feed flies for a day and make them a little hungry ?
The flies always escape from the cage ,it almost made me crazy :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

WechatIMG2010.jpeg
One more question, It's really a boy?I brought it as a girl :unsure::unsure:

I put them in a little cup and put sticks across the top for them to walk and pick the crickets off they'll disappear I even do it with freshly hatched dubias to

I put them in a little cup and put sticks across the top for them to walk and pick the crickets off they'll disappear I even do it with freshly hatched dubias to
I did so but they do not eat .Should I make them a little hungry ? As their father I am not willing to make them hungry more than a minute :D:D

Get the smallest pinheads you can. Keep trying it can take a while for them to recognize new feeders. It's in their best interest to eat a variety.
Bean beetles are another good feeder choice for young chameleons.

Also another method: If you can get them to eat fruit flies from your fingers or from a tweezer, they will think anything you give them with your fingers/tweezer is food, even pinheads.
But be careful not to hold too tight, their tongue might get hurt.

Eventually they'll get the hang of it lol leave the cup in there and keep feeding flies they'll eventually disappear

Looks like a male to me:rolleyes:. I use exo terras for my baby panther ff cant escape so i just free feed them my little guy ignored feeder cups:mad: and ate anything free range right away:LOL:. A cup with something sticking up attached in the middle of cup would work good the fruit flys would all climb it and should stay near the top of stick going towards light, When dusted they cant climb well till they clean themselves so just a feeder cup should work if dusted. Mine was started on pin head crickets i just give hydei FF as a treat.

Also another method: If you can get them to eat fruit flies from your fingers or from a tweezer, they will think anything you give them with your fingers/tweezer is food, even pinheads.
But be careful not to hold too tight, their tongue might get hurt.
they are afraid of me when I put flies in my hand they went away soon
Maybe when they grow bigger It will be better

Before I feed them cricket I also keep a box of cherry roach But they refuse to eat neither

This morning they have eaten many crickets :LOL:

So, we hold a meeting about how to deal with those roaches

I think they all are Survivors and they deserved to be free now But my wife insist they should be burned to death :confused:

At last I send half of them free far away of our house and my wife burn the rest

Make sure the crickets are not too big for them. Crickets are a good food for babies because they can be fed and gutloaded a good diet of greens, fruits and a bit of fruit and are easy to dust. Of course using other insects for variety is good too.

Make sure the crickets are not too big for them. Crickets are a good food for babies because they can be fed and gutloaded a good diet of greens, fruits and a bit of fruit and are easy to dust. Of course using other insects for variety is good too.
Will the cricket bite small cham at night?

It could. I always leave some greens and veggies in the cage with the baby to give the insects something else to bite besides the chameleon.

Back
Top Bottom