How to keep water off the bottom of the cage?

Hello, I am wondering if you guys could tell me/show me how you keep water out from the bottom of the cage. Between the dripper and the misting there is always water on the bottom. Does anyone have advise on how to drain it or keep it out? I would really appreciate it. :D

We have both a hole drilled into the bottom and stand that we can push water into. We also have a catch container sitting at the bottom where most of the water from the mister drops to.

Screen the bottom if possible, a sloped and bent piece of plastic is great for draining everything to the same place. Makes cleaning and checking water levels a breeze.

Thats exactly why I went with screen and a drainage system. I could not keep the water out of the glass cage. Now I am stuck with glass cages nobody wants.

Hello, I am wondering if you guys could tell me/show me how you keep water out from the bottom of the cage. Between the dripper and the misting there is always water on the bottom. Does anyone have advise on how to drain it or keep it out? I would really appreciate it. :D

In my glass cage I have all the plants in bowls to catch the water and just empty when needed. As for the mister idk cause I dont need one in the glass but on my screen cage I have a couple of big tubs at the bottom to collect excess although it can be a pain if and when they need to be emptied.

This is just an idea. Maybe you could get a drill bit for glass and drill a few small holes is the bottom and then sit your cage on some kind of shelf and put a bucket under to catch the water. my screen cage has a solid bottom so I drilled holes all over the bottom. I had an old bird cage stand that just happen to be the perfect size to sit the cage on. I use a 5 gal square bucket under the stand to catch the extra water from misting and dripper. I just have to dump every few days... Like others have suggested, search drainage systems on her. I know that there are members who use glass enclosures and I'm sure someone will pop in and give some suggestions....Hope this helps...:D

Back
Top Bottom