How to keep mistking water inside enclosure??

J Rog

Hi Everyone,

Im new. I have a Jackson's Chameleon. Got him maybe 3 weeks ago. I started out with an exotera set up but after doing weeks of research on here i decided to go with a screen cage set up. Plus my guy didn't seem to happy with our original set up. I got the LLLreptile 24X24X48. I set it up today and he loves it! I have a mistking that goes off for 5mins 4 times a day. The problem is its getting a bit of water outside of the cage. Some of the mist gets on the screen, starts to build up, and then drips down the side and back of the cage resulting water on the floor.. Whats the best way to prevent this? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum! Sounds to me you should look into a drain table set up. Depending on how "good" you want it to look, you can get a cabinet with a pbs top with a drain hole with a bucket inside the cabinet anywhere to something similar to what I have which is a plastic single drawer from target with a hole cut in the top. You can slide the drawer out and empty it as needed. This works great for me!

Thanks for the reply :) I do have one of those shelf units that have the slots in them. I drilled a bunch of holes on the bottom piece of the cage so water can drip though and goes into a large container i set up under the shelf. But the width of the shelf is the exact width of the cage. So when it buils up on the out side of the cage it will drip to the floor..

You can a) take the bottom out so it's directly on top of the drain table, b) roll some towels on the outside of the cage, c) glue/staple screen on the bottom and put that on a large open area(did this with my DIY cage I built with success)

I think it really comes down to playing with the nozzle angle and having lots of foliage. I know exactly what you mean with it building up on the side of the screen, I managed to mostly solve it with plant and water source placement. Still get some water outside here and there, but very little.

Welcome to the forum!

You can get a tray made to go under washing machines at Lowes, it gives you a 4 inch overhang on all sides. Set the cage in it, drill the center drain hole, and wedge the edges so it slants to the middle.

About $35.00.:D

Nick

Back
Top Bottom