How to keep humidity up at night?

Kamran_k

Established Member
So I have trouble keeping humidity up at night and I was wondering what I can do to raise it. I have a reptifogger but I heard those can cause URI's so what would you guys recommend. In the day I have a humidity around 65%-75% (I have a Jacksons Chameleon). And at night it only goes up about 1-2% so what do you guys recommend.

So I have trouble keeping humidity up at night and I was wondering what I can do to raise it. I have a reptifogger but I heard those can cause URI's so what would you guys recommend. In the day I have a humidity around 65%-75% (I have a Jacksons Chameleon). And at night it only goes up about 1-2% so what do you guys recommend.
That's a little high for daytime humidity. Reptifoggers do not cause RIs but if you fog during the day your at a greater risk for one. I use a cool mist humidifier for nighttime humidity. @JacksJill

Strange to me that kenya is only 40-50 during the day. I haven't been there, but seeing all of the green, seriously, it's that low? I live in Pittsburgh and we average at 40-60 when it's not rainy(which isn't often). If I was in the middle of the forest it'd probably be like 75 during the day. I guess I never realized how much of a tropical paradise western PA was :LOL:

Strange to me that kenya is only 40-50 during the day. I haven't been there, but seeing all of the green, seriously, it's that low? I live in Pittsburgh and we average at 40-60 when it's not rainy(which isn't often). If I was in the middle of the forest it'd probably be like 75 during the day. I guess I never realized how much of a tropical paradise western PA was :LOL:
You're really living the good life over there in paradise :ROFLMAO:

Supposedly the day time humidity can be 35% but I don't see any reason to go to the lowest extreme. I believe the low humidity is due to the elevation and it being dry mountain air. PA is what 10 feet above sea level. JK I've only spent time in the Philadelphia and Kennet Square areas.

Supposedly the day time humidity can be 35% but I don't see any reason to go to the lowest extreme. I believe the low humidity is due to the elevation and it being dry mountain air. PA is what 10 feet above sea level. JK I've only spent time in the Philadelphia and Kennet Square areas.

Lol apparently pittsburgh is ~1300 ft above sea level. Looked at kenya, it's highest point is 5000 something meters* so that is much higher, but I guess it depends where on the mountains they are found since Kenya's lowest point is sea level where the ocean meets the beach(obviously).

Just to set the record straight and stop busting on the great state of Pennsylvania.
Xantholophus are found on Mount Kenya at elevations of 600-1800 meters typically 1500-1700 meters. I was told there would be no math so you will have to convert that to feet. According to the Chameleon Godfather, Petr Necas, xanths live in humidity of 50% down to 30% in the dry season daily and night time at 100%
jacksonii jacksonii are found at 1700-2000 meters. Same humidity conditions as xanths.

Back
Top Bottom