How to keep heat down

Char.claugh

I live in the uk and we’re currently having a heatwave and the temp in my house is about 32° Celsius and I can’t keep my chams cage temp down and it’s almost at 40° All throughout his tank so I’ve taken him out of his cage but he’s shedding so he’s so stressed out. How can I keep it cool ???? Will he be okay if I just turn off his basking spot for a couple hours while it’s this hot ?

I live in the uk and we’re currently having a heatwave and the temp in my house is about 32° Celsius and I can’t keep my chams cage temp down and it’s almost at 40° All throughout his tank so I’ve taken him out of his cage but he’s shedding so he’s so stressed out. How can I keep it cool ???? Will he be okay if I just turn off his basking spot for a couple hours while it’s this hot ?
Yes, turn off the basking heat light if it's too hot. I turn my basking light off when it is super hot.

He will be okay to turn off the basking light if the ambient temps are high. I have a herpstat thermometer for my guys basking bulb. I’m having the same issue as you right now. I’m looking at getting a portable AC unit to have for his room during the summer.

Yes, turn off the basking heat light if it's too hot. I turn my basking light off when it is super hot.
I’ve put my led lamp above his tank so he doesn’t go to sleep because it’s dark in the room it isn’t bad for him in anyway is it ??

You can still run his UVB T5 fixture just turn the basking fixture off... You do have a UVB fixture right?
I’m
You can still run his UVB T5 fixture just turn the basking fixture off... You do have a UVB fixture right?
the uvb gives off a little heat aswell and temp wasn’t going down enough with it on so I’ve turned that off aswell and put the led that doesn’t give anything off and opened the doors and it’s gone down to a good temp but humidity has went up to 70 for some reason.

Yeah, he’s had the uvb on since 9:30 and i turned it off about 4 so he should be fine if they only need a few hours.
Correction that was he needs at least a few hours of uvb during the day. And is the UVB and the heat bulb separate? A single fixture t5ho does not put out that much heat to have to turn it off.

Correction that was he needs at least a few hours of uvb during the day. And is the UVB and the heat bulb separate? A single fixture t5ho does not put out that much heat to have to turn it off.
I think I was probably just blaming it for the temperature not going down then. It wasn’t putting off much heat at all but the temperature still wasn’t dropping so I turned that off and opened the doors to the tank and I started dropping.

I think I was probably just blaming it for the temperature not going down then. It wasn’t putting off much heat at all but the temperature still wasn’t dropping so I turned that off and opened the doors to the tank and I started dropping.
Yeah ambient temp will not go down on its own if the entire house is hot. Heat bulbs put out heat. quad fixtures put out heat because there are 4 t5's but a single will not put out that much. Your going to need to turn basking off and open windows etc to try to get a breeze in to cool the ambient temp of the house.

Yeah ambient temp will not go down on its own if the entire house is hot. Heat bulbs put out heat. quad fixtures put out heat because there are 4 t5's but a single will not put out that much. Your going to need to turn basking off and open windows etc to try to get a breeze in to cool the ambient temp of the house.
The windows were open which is why I was panicking abit because I didn’t know how to cool it down but it’s a lot cooler now and his temps are back to normal. Thankyou :)

Back
Top Bottom