How to free range with other pets?

Actually, ask any chicken farmer -foxes kill all the chickens, and take just one......I totally, 100% agree with your suggestion though (not worth the risk - certainly at first), but maybe gradually introduce them, always with people present
This thread got really interesting when you see dogs (and apparently even cats) who won't even threaten owners/keepers other animals......truly when humans really take over the world then the Lion will lie down with the Lamb :D

Lets not forget humans love to kill for fun... :(

Actually, ask any chicken farmer -foxes kill all the chickens, and take just one......I totally, 100% agree with your suggestion though (not worth the risk - certainly at first), but maybe gradually introduce them, always with people present
This thread got really interesting when you see dogs (and apparently even cats) who won't even threaten owners/keepers other animals......truly when humans really take over the world then the Lion will lie down with the Lamb :D

that doesnt make any sence. what if their hungry later? all the chicks would be dead! same with rabbits ect. if that were true all foxes would starve wouldnt they?

that doesnt make any sence. what if their hungry later? all the chicks would be dead! same with rabbits ect. if that were true all foxes would starve wouldnt they?

Well of course in the wild they wouldn't get the chance to kill them all - only when the chickens are confined in a small space is it even possible........

I haven't had Chameleons for long, but I have had pets forever. I have a 6 lb Cornish Rex who likes to watch the Chams, but I think is more interested in the warm lights than anything. The cham seems to watch the cat as well and she does not seem upset by the cats presence. However, whenever I leave home, the cat(s) are closed off from the Chams. My Chihuahuas have no interest in caged Chams, but have no idea if they would be predatory to free rangers..so the only time I have allowed free ranging is a 7 foot artificial tree I have which I will let the Chams play on..but I don't leave them there..I found that one of them crawled down to my super worm bowl and was having a feast before I stopped him!
Here is one of my favorite photos..feel free to share this photo!
Pandora Chams..
jenifer

friends2a_zpsfacc8ca5.jpg
[/IMG]

Love this thread!

My dog is definitely preditory-esque in the sense that she will chase anything that moves, but if she can catch it, does not know what to do with it. She is also very submissive when it comes to me... she knows I am her pack leader.

I had a parrotlet that recently died :( but before hand, I introduced my dog to her and said "MY bird.... this is MY bird." She went to sniff my bird and the bird walked over and bit her right on the nose. Let's just say that every time I took that bird out, my dog went to the other room LOL.

I also have a rabbit that free ranges my yard. I had two when I first got my pup. She chased and cornered one; he had a heart attack and eventually died. But the other rabbit and my dog live peacefully together now. In fact, they have a rather symbiotic relationship because the neighbors cats smell my dog and do not come into my yard and chase my rabbit (I hate when neighbors' cats come in my yard and try and kill my pets...).

Anyways, I know my dog and I know how she would react to my mean ol' veiled hissing and gaping at her if she came to sniff him out. Plus, my veiled is now completely content in his free range set up. He never tries to leave his set up. Check out "garage free range" to see pics of my set up.

Good day!

Back
Top Bottom