how to feed chameleon super worms

jstart1

I have had my veiled chameleon for about a week now and I want to incorporate some variety in her diet. She mainly eats crickets but I wanted to introduce her to super worms. I put one in her cage but she didn't notice it. Is there a certain way I should feed them to her or is simply putting them in her cage okay?? any suggestions so i can try again tomorrow?

Hold the worm either in the palm of your hand so your Cham can see it crawl around or you can hold it by the tail and the top half will whip around. Either way works for most Chams.

Either way will get you this(y))

thats awesome, thanks so much!

I cup feed or hand feed my cham superworms because they like to burrow and hide under stuff. So I put them in a cup to keep them where they will be seen.

try letting it crawl up the side of the cage if you have a screen cage...my chameleons also really zoom in on the freshly shed worms

My video nomnomnomnom in the video contest, 3rd from the top shows my female veiled hand feeding a superworm. Feel free to vote for her too.

Hold the worm either in the palm of your hand so your Cham can see it crawl around or you can hold it by the tail and the top half will whip around. Either way works for most Chams.

Either way will get you this(y))

I must admit, I have a bit of a crush on Sherman. He is soooo cute!

hahaha I've seen some shameless plugs for video and photo - so funny! I wish everyone could win.

when I first brought Ophelia home, she wouldn't eat anything other than crickets. She'd only been fed crickets and everything else was totally foreign - you could tell she was confused and nervous about new things. The first blue horned worm sat on a branch and didn't move and she totally ignored it. I was like - eat it! it wasn't cheap! Eventually, just like @broderp said, when I picked it up by the bottom half to move it closer - it started to whip around and that's when O decided it must be consumed. I almost didn't let go of it soon enough when she shot at it.

A cup with a screen section that the worms can climb on is good if you don't have time to hand feed. I don't let them loose in the cage because they are very good at hiding and once hidden begin to change into beetles.

Back
Top Bottom