How to feed baby Jackson's?

Is there an efficient way to make sure they all get fed?

For now I've just been dumping a bunch of fruit flies or pinhead crickets but they're not the best hunters so far. btw, it's so funny watching them attack with their tongues only to miss a standing still bug!

I've tried taking em one by one on my finger and just holding it above the little cup of crickets but either it scares the crap out of them or they're just too stressed out from being in unfamiliar territory(?)

Should I just keep continue what I'm doing? Cause I figure if these little guys were out in the wild, they'd have to figure out how to hunt on their own.

What are some ways you or other people have fed baby chameleons?

Is there an efficient way to make sure they all get fed?

For now I've just been dumping a bunch of fruit flies or pinhead crickets but they're not the best hunters so far. btw, it's so funny watching them attack with their tongues only to miss a standing still bug!

I've tried taking em one by one on my finger and just holding it above the little cup of crickets but either it scares the crap out of them or they're just too stressed out from being in unfamiliar territory(?)

Should I just keep continue what I'm doing? Cause I figure if these little guys were out in the wild, they'd have to figure out how to hunt on their own.

What are some ways you or other people have fed baby chameleons?

well a trick I have heard is to put a bit of fruit or honey so the flies will stay in the same place so the babies can take them easily but I try it with a bit of banana and it din´t work for me

well a trick I have heard is to put a bit of fruit or honey so the flies will stay in the same place so the babies can take them easily but I try it with a bit of banana and it din´t work for me

haha yeah I did the same and it didn't work at all! Maybe I gotta try a mango or something

these forums are no help..

Patience makes a lot of difference, this forum IS ALOT OF HELP if you give it and the people on it time to help!!! Posting negative comments will only keep members from trying to help!!!! That said neonates are not good hunters and so the best way to be sure they get fed is to put much more food then they can eat in with them, using a platform such as soft screen( not aluminum ) or a plastic lid and fruit or veggies depending on the feeders can help. The size of the enclosure makes a difference as well. I use a 10 to 15 to one ratio daily to insure that my neonates have enough to eat. If you are using pinhead crickets make sure they baby's can stay out of there reach or they can bite the baby's while they sleep. For the newest baby's fruit flys are by far the safest feeders but it takes ALOT of them. I feed my neonates fruit flys, pinhead crickets,tiny silk worms,tiny mealworms (u can't buy mealworms small enough) so u have to breed them yourself. They can also eat just hatched Red Runner roaches if you are breeding them.
Hope this helps
Steve

Back
Top Bottom