how to deal with pest roaches!

nstd

Established Member
so a friend brought over a few boxes from his storage and long story short it carried roaches into our home.

If I were to use pesticides and roach bait will it harm my dubia colony or even chameleons? My concern is the pest roach will find its way into my dubia colony or my chameleon cage.

so a friend brought over a few boxes from his storage and long story short it carried roaches into our home.

If I were to use pesticides and roach bait will it harm my dubia colony or even chameleons? My concern is the pest roach will find its way into my dubia colony or my chameleon cage.

I have heard of some breeders keeping the sticky traps around just in case they had an escapee, so I would think that those wouldn't harm your colony. Take precautions... clean, don't leave crumbs/food around, vacuum regularly. Roaches will are looking for a place to be undisturbed... so limit those places in your home. Be extra diligent... pick up clutter in the closest, etc. We don't "usually" hear of roaches infestations in homes that are tidy. I attempted to tame a feral cat once - he loved our tom cat and was always hanging around. Lovely boy, was hit by a car and made it back to die under my window, but while I had him in the house, he brought in a crap-ton of fleas. I'm a tidy person and I still got infested, but the trick is to get on top of, and stay on top of, the vacuuming and cleaning until your sure the critters are gone.

I agree with ophelia, but honestly some roaches will live off pretty much anything and anywhere. When i was in florida everyone had "palmetto bugs", they'd fly into your car, come up out of the drains, etc. I've heard they can even eat the glue on envelopes to survive. I'd most definitely take that advice, but even that might not be enough if it's bad enough. I guess it would depend on a few factors.

Back
Top Bottom