How To Clean Sticks From Outside for Chams

But I want to get a reptile that i really like not something thats convenient as my mom says I can only have one more reptile.
So i don't want to spend all of this money, like the reptile, but in the back of my mind still want a certain reptile more than one thats "convenient".

What do you do with the leopard gecko when you go away to Canada for the month??
Is the gecko the only reptile you have now?

Also, if you were to buy an automatic mister you can leave it running the entire day long and you wouldn't have to stress to much about the misting. When I go on trips, I have my mister full and on the entire time, and I have someone come in and check on my chameleon and give her food when she needs it. Hard to find someone brave enough to face the roaches, but there is always somebody you can call on. Anyway, I want to say that research is the most important thing you do before you get a cham. Everything is based off of research. You can also buy a chameleon care handbook, which you can check on when you are troubled. I think that you should hold off for a little while until you are 100% sure that you can provide all of the necessary care required for a high maintenance animal like the chameleon. Personally, I wrote all of the things I learned from research on a document, and then I can check up on that. I update the document when I learn something new, and it helps me specialize my care according to my chameleon's behavior and personality. It is one option you could do, but like I said before, hold off until you are definitely ready to take on this responsibility. It may be a lot of work, but it is such a privilege to own these incredible animals. Hope everything works itself out :)

This year i was thinking about bringing him on the trip in a travel tub. But im not sure yet. @CamrynTheCham22 thanks for the info, definitely have some decisions to make. The auto mister is good idea

The auto mister would make it easier and I would get a timer for the lights. So the only thing that my "care person" would do is feed him.

I have looked up the laws regarding bringing reptiles across the boarder. You can bring nearly any reptile across the boarder without a permit/papers except turtles/tortoises. Most people here think im going by plane and that i will have to import them. I drive because my family has a dog.

I recently bought a dragon strand cage from a couple. They had moved from Montana to Oregon. They were selling the cage because the chameleon didn't survive the move. It was just too much stress, changing temperatures, elevations, stressful sleeping, irregular humidity, etc. I know people have done it and still do, but there are going to be many stories where it didn't work out. Hopefully you can compromise till your situation levels out.

Thats a terrible story, don't want my cham to have that sorta ending. Also probably wouldn't be a good idea since at that time, the cham would only be 7-8 months old.

So for the future, I am looking at what cham would be better. I want to get a veiled, im trying to decide from a low color translucent or a orange premium (Naval Bloodline) from FL Chams. Opinions? Also does the paler coloring on the cham shorten anything like lifespan, or is it just coloration.?

*I think that the low color translucent will look cool as an adult, as they dont develop the same coloration as a normal veiled*

Back
Top Bottom