How To Clean Sticks From Outside for Chams

Gray

Hello, I want to use some sticks from outside for my chams cage. How do I make sure they are clean and won't get my cham sick?

will misting my guys cage for around five minutes before and after school be enough humidity?

Gray, I really hope do not get a chameleon. The more you ask the clearer it is that you are not ready. The most basic of google searches would tell you that you NEED to measure humidity with a hygrometer and that the time you spend misting is not the important part. It is the % humidity in the air.

I know that the hydrometer will measure humidity, but I've read that screen cages don't hold humidity very well and i don't want it to get too dry in the cage.

i know, but if I'm at school i don't know if the humidity will be kept up while I'm gone. So won't misting longer keep the humidity up longer. Usually is at about 40% by itself.

Yes, misting longer will keep it up higher for longer, but it still won't last all day while you're at school - which is yet another reason it is better to wait until you're older

I have read up so much about chams, but the thing thats killing the idea of getting one is that travel to Canada for a month every summer. And the experienced owners here believe it would be too stressful of the cham. Which it probably would be.
So after being told i shouldn't i probably won't get a cham.

I just like hearing actual answers from experienced keepers, which makes it come off like i don't know anything about chams.

Back
Top Bottom