How to care for female after laying eggs?

My female veiled 7 month old chameleon laid her eggs about a week ago, but since then hasn't been as actively and mostly hangs out by the lights. Is this normal? I bought her a cham sample pack with hornedworms, roaches, superworms, and phoenix worms. I placed the hornworms on the vines close to her, and she'll only eat the ones close to her and ignore the rest. Is this normal?

How many eggs did she lay? My girls are usually starving after laying. She might have a health problem from the egg laying. Do you have a chameleon vet? Where do you live?
I might be able to refer a good vet.

She laid over 50 eggs! I think this was due to the fact that we fed on demand, since I heard that was the right thing to do while they are still growing. I'm still feeding her as much as she'll eat until I feel like she recovers, but then we're going to put her on a diet.

It seems like her back legs aren't working as well as her front legs. She fell today for the first time ever. I notice she's avoiding walking on the smaller vines in her cage and walks exclusively on the larger vines. Her eyes looked sunken so I gave her 10 ccs of water directly into her mouth.

She knows where the water source is: A big dripper that has been in the same location for months, but I don't see her actively going there even though I see her eyes are slightly sunken. I know that hornworms are suppposed to be good for hydration so thankfully she accepted about 20 over the last 3-4 days. Should I give her a day or two to recover or do you think it's time for a vet visit. I was just there about 3 weeks ago, 2 weeks before she laid her eggs. Everything was fine except a little low on calcium, so she started more phoenix worms than dusted crickets.

Back
Top Bottom