How to capture an evil chameleon

Crewdogg15

Ok, some of you have seen my posts where I was given a female chameleon instead of a male. Yea, I know the difference now.... Anyway, I will have to do a one for one swap which will require me to get my defensive chameleon into a box and transport her.

Any suggestions on how to do this without hurting her or myself? I was thinking some gloves. She is about 8 months Panther Nosey Be and loves to snap her head at you (mouth closed). I'm hoping I don't end up with stitches or freak her out...I'm a little scared :eek:

photo11.jpg

Beboson is right. When I catch them out the wild the stick works best . I've been bit a bunch never once drew blood. Didn't hurt bad at all. But seems to stress the cham out more then anything. They use so much energy when they bite they don't want to let go. So try Stick.

try what was said above.

i use one hand to occupy the front and come in from behind with the other and get under the legs. normally once they are on the run its pretty easy to swoop them up. watch for the tail wrapping around anything.

try what was said above.

i use one hand to occupy the front and come in from behind with the other and get under the legs. normally once they are on the run its pretty easy to swoop them up.

Your just asking for it.......I do that with women..

:>

Anyways.....I use gardening gloves and try to get him out as fast as possible so less tampering with the glove and lashing at me :)

Use gloves and just try and be calm. At 8 months I'd use asnake bag in an insulated box with heat pk. Once you get her in the bag she will calm down.

A while before you need to box her, turn off her lights and darken the room...she'll cool down and get sleepy and you can handle her with less reaction.

Whenever I've used gloves with aggressive Chams, it's caused them to become more defensive and try to bite like crazy.
If it's just headbutting you and not biting, just pick her up.
Wont be too bad.

As far as the letting her go to sleep, I've only woken up one of my calmest chams, once he woke up, he bit me 3 times.
Waking her up might not be your best bet.

Whenever I've used gloves with aggressive Chams, it's caused them to become more defensive and try to bite like crazy.
If it's just headbutting you and not biting, just pick her up.
Wont be too bad.

As far as the letting her go to sleep, I've only woken up one of my calmest chams, once he woke up, he bit me 3 times.
Waking her up might not be your best bet.

My Po is a constant butthole (defensive chameleon) and when I use gloves or a cloth with her she calms down immensely. She must recognize my fingers as the enemy or something. I woke Po up once when i first got her.. because I thought she was dead and she like twitched and fell of the branch then just didn't move... then became frantic. So yeah not the best idea.

Back
Top Bottom