How to buy Cricket Crack?

Andie

Avid Member
I've been trying to buy cricket crack and can't get anything to work. I finally found the vendor through a Facebook link, but when I tried to order, it doesn't work through his website. I sent an email via his contact form, but I don't know if that works either.

Anyone know of another way to find it?

lol well, I've never heard of cricket crack but I am sure if you explain what it is, someone will know!

I've purchased it direct through Nick Barta on here via PM. He may be able to help you out.

Cricket crack is one of the best dry gutload you can get. I highly recommend it. One of our senior members here makes it. I'll get you his contact information and link it below. I believe that Nick, also here on the forums and Tiki Tiki both sale it.

This is Steve the guy that makes it: https://www.chameleonforums.com/members/ssimsswiss.1915/

A link to Nick: https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/gut-loads-and-feeder-stuff.146349/

Tiki Tiki: http://www.tikitikireptiles.com/supplies.php?id=48

how long does the cricket crack store for? I usually gutload with apples, pears, carrots, celery, kale, strawberries, blackberries, grapes, and a few other things.... basically stuff I already eat myself and can throw a tad bit of scraps to my crickets. I also use the Fluker's Orange Cricket Cubes every couple days along with another gutload item or two.

I thought about the cricket crack before but I didn't know how long it would store for, or how long it would take to go through a whole bag of it. And also, wouldn't it be bad to keep feeding your crickets the same thing over and over? Variety with your feeders is also important, I know this..... But is that the case with this mixture since it contains a lot of different things? Or would feeding it all the time be okay? My chameleon's main diet is crickets - but he gets a lot of other different insects during the week too. He eats about 50 crickets every 1.5 weeks.

A little more info on this would be great.

Thanks for the info, Jann. I'll check with Nick and those links.

I've had a jar of it since last year, that a friend gave me.
Since receiving an order of crickets, that was supposed to be 500, but turned out to be 1000, and being totally unprepared with the right sized container for them all, putting fresh food in and out is just too much.

I'm trying to order a whole lb of it.

how long does the cricket crack store for? I usually gutload with apples, pears, carrots, celery, kale, strawberries, blackberries, grapes, and a few other things.... basically stuff I already eat myself and can throw a tad bit of scraps to my crickets. I also use the Fluker's Orange Cricket Cubes every couple days along with another gutload item or two.

I thought about the cricket crack before but I didn't know how long it would store for, or how long it would take to go through a whole bag of it. And also, wouldn't it be bad to keep feeding your crickets the same thing over and over? Variety with your feeders is also important, I know this..... But is that the case with this mixture since it contains a lot of different things? Or would feeding it all the time be okay? My chameleon's main diet is crickets - but he gets a lot of other different insects during the week too. He eats about 50 crickets every 1.5 weeks.

You really should be feeding more veggies than fruits. Fruits along with some veggies are high in oxalates (binds to calcium so that the Chameleon's system cannot absorb it).

There are two parts to a gutload system: a dry part and a wet part. Think of it as human dinner that has the meal, that is also seved with some sort of beverage to wash it down. The grain, i.e Cricket Crack, Bug buffet, etc is the dry part. The fresh veggies and fruit provide the water/liqud that crikets and other feeder like to enjoy. Your 'wet' gutload should be dark green leafy veggies. Collard, Mustard, Turnip greens and dandilion leaves (from your garden) are the best to use. They are high in calcium, low in oxalates and offer a wide range of other vitamins and minerals.

The flukers orange cubes are basically garbage. Trash it!

I use fresh fruits and veggies along with the Dry Gut load. I order large amounts of Cricket Crack and just keep it in the freezer until I need it. My guess is it would keep in the freezer at least for a year.

Back
Top Bottom