How to avoid Respiratory Infections?

Nrupaw

Established Member
So I have been noticing a ton of posts lately where members' Chameleons seem to have Respiratory Infections (RI). Many members have pointed out symptoms too.

But one thing i am curious about is -- are there any things (like best practices etc.) in particular one can do to avoid RI? Or is RI something that comes up on random and nothing a keeper can do to avoid it??

So I have been noticing a ton of posts lately where members' Chameleons seem to have Respiratory Infections (RI). Many members have pointed out symptoms too.

But one thing i am curious about is -- are there any things (like best practices etc.) in particular one can do to avoid RI? Or is RI something that comes up on random and nothing a keeper can do to avoid it??

good ventilation, a hot humidifier can cause this, not allowing your cage to dry out before spraying again (constant high humidity) ummm bad luck (rare)
dirty cages that have some sort of mildew or spore that can grow in it. or your house in general being spore infested (doubt full anyone who has a chameleon has this problem)
cleaning your cages substrate/newspapers or changing it if you suspect its gone stale or bad, with newspapers it is good to change it every week if its constantly wet.

Back
Top Bottom