How to ask for help...

erik775

Established Member
Your Chameleon - veiled cham,female,about 8 or 9,been in my care for a little bit more than 2 months...
Handling - handel her every other day for about 10 min...
Feeding - feeding crickets and super worms at 12noon or 1 pm ,6 or 7 crickets every and 1 or 2 super worms every other day,gut loading with carrots and oranges
Supplements - rep-cal w d3,rep-cal herptivite multivitamins,and reptivite w/o d3,..d3 one week then herptivite the next ect...and vitamin w/o d3 every other feeding...
Watering - i have a dripper runnign most of the day,i mist 2 or 3 times a day for about 3 min or untill the whole cage is dripping,i havent seen her drink lately...
Fecal Description - feces are an oliver dark color and urine is white not very much of either...never been tested for parasites...
History -she hasent been acting normal for the past two weeks ...

Cage Info:
Cage Type - wood and aluminum screen its 25x25x48...
Lighting - zoomed repti sun 5.0 and a 50 watt zoomed halogen bulb lighting schedule is from 10 to 10
Temperature - basking temp is 90 and floor is 75 lowest over nite temp in room is 70,measure my temps with digital thermometer with probe on it
Humidity - 99 after spraying then drops to 60 at nite 73,creatig these levels by misting cage measure with digital hygrometer...
Plants - photos and umbrella tree all live plants...
Placement - cage is located in my room next to my closet,no fans no vents no high traffic top of cage it 6 and a half feet high and placed on a 2 and a half foot drawer ,
Location - located in southern california...

Current Problem - my chameleon has been acting weird lately shes been very active and all over her cage and i caught her at the bottom of the cage a few times and shes been trying to hang or climb up side down on the roof of her cage and she also hasnt been pooping. peeing or eating much i havent seen her drink water lately and shes been eating the dirt form the plants so i coverd them the best i could and today i put a laying bin in her cage with play sand just in case she wants to lay eggs but she just went in there and started eating the sand...:(and when she does go poop and pee its verry little...OH yah and todat she had her mouth open a couple of times...sorry to bug every one...

u r still seeing him shoot right? because this iis exactly the symptoms my cham had and i dont want to say what has happend to mine feel free to seach my posts i just dont want to worrie you

u r still seeing him shoot right? because this iis exactly the symptoms my cham had and i dont want to say what has happend to mine feel free to seach my posts i just dont want to worrie you

Wait it's a she...and by shoot do you mean try to eat???did ur Cham pass away??? What was wrong with it?????

erik, your's is a female, right? The early thinking is that she needs to lay eggs and that she's too hot. Females and males are very different when it comes to chameleons so don't get distracted with the problems someone else had with a male.

erik, your's is a female, right? The early thinking is that she needs to lay eggs and that she's too hot. Females and males are very different when it comes to chameleons so don't get distracted with the problems someone else had with a male.

yah i just thought about that too...you rite...what temp should i have her basking spot???rite now i have her temp at 80 flat...i left the thermometer there for about 30 or 45 min and the highest it went up was 80...and i have a laying bin in there too filled with play sand and her cage coverd for privacy...she was also eating or tasting the play sand...she looks kinda fat too but i cant feel any eggs...i was feeling around just to make sure...i knw you kinda cant feel them some times...how long would it usually take to lay??? man im so worried about herr...:(

Supplements - rep-cal w d3,rep-cal herptivite multivitamins,and reptivite w/o d3,..d3 one week then herptivite the next ect...and vitamin w/o d3 every other feeding...

You should be using the calcium without D3 for most feedings, the calcium with D3 twice a month, and the Reptivite twice a month. You do not want to overdo D3 or vitamins.

You should be using the calcium without D3 for most feedings, the calcium with D3 twice a month, and the Reptivite twice a month. You do not want to overdo D3 or vitamins.

Yah that's the way I do it Monday d3 then next Monday herptivite multivitamins .then the next week same thing d3 then the next week hertivite...and reptivite w/o d3 every other feeding

Then you are giving way too much D3 and way too much in vitamins. This is not good.

wait a minute...but im only giving her repcal with d3 every other week...(repcal with d3 monday, then next monday repcal herptivite multivitamins,...and then reptivite with out d3 every other feeding...so every monday i switch off...:confused::confused::confused::confused::(...how am i supposed to be doing it?????????????:confused::confused::confused:

Reptivite is a multivitamin just like Herptivite, you only need to use one or the other. You should be using calcium without D3 most feedings.

Reptivite is a multivitamin just like Herptivite, you only need to use one or the other. You should be using calcium without D3 most feedings.

So should I not use the herptivite since the reptivite says with out d3???but the reptivite doesent say multivitamins...it's says reptile vitamins...and it says it has calcium...it says calcium(min)24.9%....249,000mg then under that it says calcium(max)28.0%.....28,000mg?????????and the hertivite multivitAmin says cAlcium, min(4.4%) 23,000 mg and calcium,max(4.6%)23,000mg....?????im confused...so reptivite isnt calcium with out d3??it has no d3 in it,.....:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::(

Most of us use a phos.-free calcium powder at most feedings and then twice a month a phos.-free calcium/D3 powder and twice a month a vitamin powder.
You should not be using reptivite all the time....its not a phos.-free calcium powder.

Most of us use a phos.-free calcium powder at most feedings and then twice a month a phos.-free calcium/D3 powder and twice a month a vitamin powder.
You should not be using reptivite all the time....its not a phos.-free calcium powder.

dam...is mineral with out d3 ok to use or it that differnt???what should i use and were do i get it from.....DAM...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::confused:

Back
Top Bottom