How soon to gutload bugs before feeding?

I was wondering if I need to give food to my bugs within a particular time before giving them to my chameleon. I didn’t think ahead and forgot to feed the bugs last night but today is Lenny’s feeding day. I gave the bugs about 4 hrs earlier, is it ok to just give him them now?

I was wondering if I need to give food to my bugs within a particular time before giving them to my chameleon. I didn’t think ahead and forgot to feed the bugs last night but today is Lenny’s feeding day. I gave the bugs about 4 hrs earlier, is it ok to just give him them now?
I don’t have a set time on when I feed the bugs I just make sure that they have fresh food every day. He should be fine if you forgot to feed the bugs.

Feed the insects everyday, this keeps them well gutloaded for feeding off.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

I usually keep at least baby carrot or 2 in with the bug foods. The carrots don't dry out so quickly as the other veggies and keeps the bugs very hydrated. The dubias are especially juicy and you can see all the awesome juice while your cham chomps them up. In turn helps you get a well hydrated moody lizard.

Back
Top Bottom