How "Smart" are chams?

That's interesting, about the Fisher's, nice looking chams btw.

I have a veiled cham that I could swear has found a way to get me to let him out. He poops in a spot way in the back of the cage, sees me coming with the paper towel, and when I reach in to clean up the poop, he uses my head as a ramp to get out.
He used to poop always close to the front of the cage, so I didn't have to have the door open very long and reach in so far. So he didn't have a chance to get out in a flash.

My other veiled will try to hide when he is on the free range, and he sees me coming for fear I will see him and take him back home?!
He never normally tries to hide from me.

That's interesting, about the Fisher's, nice looking chams btw.

I have a veiled cham that I could swear has found a way to get me to let him out. He poops in a spot way in the back of the cage, sees me coming with the paper towel, and when I reach in to clean up the poop, he uses my head as a ramp to get out.
He used to poop always close to the front of the cage, so I didn't have to have the door open very long and reach in so far. So he didn't have a chance to get out in a flash.

My other veiled will try to hide when he is on the free range, and he sees me coming for fear I will see him and take him back home?!
He never normally tries to hide from me.

HA! My, chameleon, Tricky (check out the video of him if you haven't seen it!) will put all of his fecal matter and urates right in front of the enclosure where I can see it. Piece of cake. :p he hardly ever does that business anywhere else.

My cham always poops in the same spot on the floor of his enclosure UNLESS I am late to feed him in the morning. In that case he poops in his food bowl. I swear this is passive aggressive behavior. :D

A couple of my females got out, took a leopard gecko hostage, and had me enter into negotiations for it's safe release. Once they realized I was not going to agree to keep the males away from them they promptly killed the gecko :eek: and gave up knowing they were going back to the slammer anyway.

I'd say they tend to be smarter than the average reptile.

O2 is a terrorist Chameleon

I agree,

They're too smart.

Osama 2, my Male Veiled, will purposely knock over heat lamps and try to start a fire if I try to feed him crickets instead of Dubia and Horn Worms.

Back
Top Bottom