HOW SHOULD I SET UP THE PLANTS AND VINES

Hello, I am getting a reptibreeze XL tomorrow with a T5H0 light fix 5.0 bulb. Got my basking light and everything ready. I was wondering as far as vines and branches and leaves. What is the ideal setup. I feel like my cham isn't the best hunter and I would need a spot to let worms crawl without falling to the bottom of the cage or getting lost in the foliage. He doesn't like to go to the bottom of the cage very often and only seems to eat when I put an insect on a leaf or vine like 4 inches away while he's looking down on it from his basking spot area. This results in the worms falling off and me picking them up and putting them back over and over until he eats. He sometimes gets excited and will eat off the tweezers but its rare. (like when he first sees a hornworm). Anyway, any fake plants or real plants that you recommend? Also I want to make sure he has a spot to run away from the UVB and get some shade if needed. I understand every1 has their own opinion and I just wanted to get some ideas before I go purchase abuncha stuff tomorrow

Real plants are best. Pothos are my favorite...grows lots of vines for extra climbing and safe to nibble leaves. Parlor Palm is dense for hiding behind. I am using fake plants until the real ones grow more. Make sure to give him plenty of space to hide and lots of branches and vines to travel. I just use a small Tupperware container for feeding. I made a spot where I can wedge it in if I don’t have time to hold it. These are my enclosures. Waiting on more manzanita and for branches I collected to bake in the sun.
C0BE60D5-C015-4FFF-87C6-BD44146C53E7.jpeg FBC6611F-1ADA-4ACF-B9DE-735D8A61164F.jpeg

Have you tried feeding him from a feeder cup? Seems like that would be the easiest solution to your problem.

I just added a Croton plant and Hawaiian Ti plant to my enclosure which have been filling out nicely. Hibiscus and umbrella as also popular choices besides pothos.

I made this video that goes over what plants to use for a chameleon, and how to properly set-up them up so that they are safe. Feel free to give it a watch:

Back
Top Bottom