How old would you guys say he is

Bmjo

Established Member
the guy at the pet shop told me he was around 3-4 months old when i got him and that was 3 months ago (ik there is something wrong with his eye a vet appointment is scheduled for tuesday)

Attachments

• 6F513C20-01DF-40DB-A01A-ECCF91040FFF.jpeg
    6F513C20-01DF-40DB-A01A-ECCF91040FFF.jpeg
    130.6 KB · Views: 295
Is he yours? Where did you get him. Poor guys doesn’t lookin in the best of shape. That makes it hard to guess his age. He looks very small but shows the coloring of and adult. Maybe 8 to 10 months old. What all are you feeding him? If you give us some more info on him we can make suggestions to improve his health. Filling out this form would give us the informati9n we need to offer suggestions. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

I recommend a vet visit and a checkup.

I scheduled one for Tuesday and when he could see he was eating well usually 8-12 medium crickets a day but lately I’ve been putting lettuce to his mouth and when he bites it i give him a hornworm

@Bmjo....please stop making so many posts about the same chameleon. It's hard for us to follow what's going on...and it's against the rules.

@jannb this chameleon has an eye issue one minute and then it's better and then it's back and then the chameleon is not eating and then it's color is dark and then.....etc.
I've given all the advice I can give. The vet visit has been suggested several times....in these threads...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/bubbles-coming-from-mouth-when-eating.161959/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/closes-eyes-and-hides-in-corner.162194/

I hope the chameleon will be alright....but it's not going to get better without help.

@Bmjo....please stop making so many posts about the same chameleon. It's hard for us to follow what's going on...and it's against the rules.

@jannb this chameleon has an eye issue one minute and then it's better and then it's back and then the chameleon is not eating and then it's color is dark and then.....etc.
I've given all the advice I can give. The vet visit has been suggested several times....in these threads...
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/bubbles-coming-from-mouth-when-eating.161959/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/closes-eyes-and-hides-in-corner.162194/

I hope the chameleon will be alright....but it's not going to get better without help.
I am 15 and I’ve found a job and now i can pay for vet appointments instead of relying on my parents before they said they wouldn’t pay for it i guess i didn’t know what i was getting into when i got him

That's why I decided not to get a chameleon, I'm only fifteen and don't have the money if it gets sick. You getting a job so that you could take him to the vet shows your dedication though. Like Jannb said, I would guess around eight months. Definitely make sure to try and keep the health updates to just one thread from now on, it makes it easier to follow along and see how the Cham is doing. Hope everything goes well on Tuesday and keep us updated!

Am I the only one who's seeing early signs on MBD here? Maybe it's just the picture, but the legs look to have a bit of a bend to them, and they certainly don't seem to be providing much support. Not to mention how incredibly skinny they look. Also, the casque just looks terrible. Either way he looks incredibly small and malnourished, if it weren't for the coloration I would assume he was maybe 3-4 months old. I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but I feel it needs to be said. As others have said, a vet trip is pretty crucial at this point. If you are unable to afford a vet trip (bear in mind it will likely be more than one trip) and medication then you should really look into rehoming the animal to a rescue or a professional who can care for it. You've gotten a lot of good information from multiple members across your threads, it's important that you heed that information. Again, I'm sorry if that's harsh but it's the truth.

Am I the only one who's seeing early signs on MBD here? Maybe it's just the picture, but the legs look to have a bit of a bend to them, and they certainly don't seem to be providing much support. Not to mention how incredibly skinny they look. Also, the casque just looks terrible. Either way he looks incredibly small and malnourished, if it weren't for the coloration I would assume he was maybe 3-4 months old. I'm sorry if that seems harsh, but I feel it needs to be said. As others have said, a vet trip is pretty crucial at this point. If you are unable to afford a vet trip (bear in mind it will likely be more than one trip) and medication then you should really look into rehoming the animal to a rescue or a professional who can care for it. You've gotten a lot of good information from multiple members across your threads, it's important that you heed that information. Again, I'm sorry if that's harsh but it's the truth.
I know he looks really skinny he can’t eat really much right now so I’ve been putting a piece of lettuce to his mouth and giving him a worm when he bites the lettuce and his legs have been like that from the day i got him. Thank you guys for trying to help me

Vet appointment went great the vet said there is nothing wrong with him, his leg looks like it was broken and it healed back funny but the shed is stuck in both eyes he gave me eye drops to put in both eyes once a day for 2 weeks

It’s been about 4 days since I’ve fed him a hornworm he has one eye open wide all the time and one that’s on and off should i give him time or try feeding him a hornworm

Back
Top Bottom