Bubbles coming from mouth when eating

Bmjo

Established Member
some times when he eats bubbles pop out the side of his mouth and it looks like there is a yellow build up on one of his nostrils

How much do antibiotics usually cost because my parents aren’t going to pay for it so i have to and idk if I’ll have enough money and how soon should i schedule and appointment

How much do antibiotics usually cost because my parents aren’t going to pay for it so i have to and idk if I’ll have enough money and how soon should i schedule and appointment

You should schedule an appointment as soon as possible (aka call a vet right now to set something up). Unfortunately vet visits are never cheap, but as an owner you have to consider that inevitable cost when choosing to care for an exotic pet.

Also, we still need photos please.

You should schedule an appointment as soon as possible (aka call a vet right now to set something up). Unfortunately vet visits are never cheap, but as an owner you have to consider that inevitable cost when choosing to care for an exotic pet.

Also, we still need photos please.

Attachments

• AD4B9EAC-D783-47CD-9B8B-B24BB527CED2.jpeg
    AD4B9EAC-D783-47CD-9B8B-B24BB527CED2.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 166

That eye doesn't look too good... You need to make an appointment immediately. Also, we need to see pictures of the full chameleon and his enclosure please. In fact, while you're at it fill out the following form in its entirety so we understand how you're caring for him and what might have caused his problems.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

If you can not afford a vet and your parents will not help, I know a couple really good Chameleons rescues that have chameleon vet that will take him and get him the help that he needs. Don’t wait do it now before the infection spreads and kills him.

• Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon male ,6 months old
  • Handling - Not very often but sometimes he climbs onto my hand
  • Feeding - 8-10 medium crickets a day,yes i amgutloading them
  • Supplements - Rep cal pure calcium every day andcalcium with d3 2 times a month and rep cal multivitamins with beta carotene
  • Watering - Mist and dripper i mist till plants are dripping sometimes he will lick the leaves
  • Fecal Description - Brown and white no he hasn’t been tested for parasites
  • History - Had some eye problems last month and couldn’t really eat

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage18x18x36
  • Lighting - exo Terra 100watt daytime light with a zoo met 5.0 uvb
  • Temperature - 80-94 degrees measuring with a thermometer that has a probe inside the tank
  • Humidity - %40-%60 I’musing a humidifier and I’mmeasuring with a humidity gauge
  • Plants - No live plants
  • Placement - about 5 feet on a rack not a high traffic area
  • Location - Michigan
    That eye doesn't look too good... You need to make an appointment immediately. Also, we need to see pictures of the full chameleon and his enclosure please. In fact, while you're at it fill out the following form in its entirety so we understand how you're caring for him and what might have caused his problems.

Chameleon Info:
    • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
    • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
    • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
    • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
    • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
    • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
    • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
    • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
    • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
    • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
    • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
    • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
    • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
    • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

Attachments

• 3344F6AA-19CD-48EB-85C4-6F6F241A9ACA.jpeg
    3344F6AA-19CD-48EB-85C4-6F6F241A9ACA.jpeg
    204.6 KB · Views: 140
  • Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon male ,6 months old
  • Handling - Not very often but sometimes he climbs onto my hand
  • Feeding - 8-10 medium crickets a day,yes i amgutloading them
  • Supplements - Rep cal pure calcium every day andcalcium with d3 2 times a month and rep cal multivitamins with beta carotene
  • Watering - Mist and dripper i mist till plants are dripping sometimes he will lick the leaves
  • Fecal Description - Brown and white no he hasn’t been tested for parasites
  • History - Had some eye problems last month and couldn’t really eat
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage18x18x36
  • Lighting - exo Terra 100watt daytime light with a zoo met 5.0 uvb
  • Temperature - 80-94 degrees measuring with a thermometer that has a probe inside the tank
  • Humidity - %40-%60 I’musing a humidifier and I’mmeasuring with a humidity gauge
  • Plants - No live plants
  • Placement - about 5 feet on a rack not a high traffic area
  • Location - Michigan

So quick question first...

You said you had an issue last month, but I do see you have posted about an eye issue this month, not too long ago actually. Are these the same issues? Also, it doesn't look like it has gotten better from the picture you posted before.

Next... I would honestly recommend taking Jann up on her offer. He needs some changes to his temps. They need to be lowered. He needs to see a vet asap. When I went in for an RI it cost me about 300 ish for the entire visit? That includes medication, the visit, and a fecal.

So quick question first...

You said you had an issue last month, but I do see you have posted about an eye issue this month, not too long ago actually. Are these the same issues? Also, it doesn't look like it has gotten better from the picture you posted before.

Next... I would honestly recommend taking Jann up on her offer. He needs some changes to his temps. They need to be lowered. He needs to see a vet asap. When I went in for an RI it cost me about 300 ish for the entire visit? That includes medication, the visit, and a fecal.
Here it costs 42 for visit idk how much meds are going to cost I’m going to schedule a appointment after school

There are no cracking noises when breathing I’m still going to take him in to get checked out

Back
Top Bottom