How old might I be?

Ferrah88

I was told Yuki was born in Sept.-Oct. but I find that REALLY hard to believe. She would have to be between 4 - 5, maybe even 6 months old already if I went by that date. Here she is as of today:

2mmz8kl.jpg

(Her ribs aren't showing as they were before, and her urates were finally the white they should be!)

My hands are of average size, if that helps with guessing. They are neither small nor big!

I'm not asking for any definitive answers, but some guesstimates would be nice. Reasoning for guesses would be appreciated as well :) (Also, she's DEFINATELY a girl, right? She has not spurrs, but she might be young enough that she just doesn't have them yet.. I have no idea when it comes to veileds and I just want to make sure!)

Two months max. She is absolutely adorable :D

That she is! (Even when she hisses and tries to bite... she's slowly getting used to me though I think. She only hissed once today).

I was also thinking around the 2 month, maaax 2 and a half mark myself. She's smaller than Marimo, and he's a smaller breed and just under 4 months old!

If she was underfed then she could be over 2 months. Not by very much though, I would use 2 months as her age. Spurs are usually visible straight from the egg so she is a girl :)

Looks almost the same size as mine and I was told 3-4 months at the store and more like 3 on here. I had mine in my hand the other day and realized just how small he is. He is the size of my pinky. Ive never had a cham this small before.

I bought my boy at two months and he looked like exactly that small. He was born on July 27 estimated cause he sheds usually toward the end of the month on those days. And I bought him on September 5 he had to be atleast two am sure of it. Your cam looks like 2 months going on 3:D

did you do a fecal?

Yep, and the test came back saying she didn't have anything. I will be doing another fecal at the beginning of the month though, once she's a bit more stable. Might even bring her in for a small checkup to make sure everything is in order, given she's not stressed by me taking her out at the point in time. Having no parasites likely explains her getting well so quickly too. She looked so think before and you could see her hips.. now you can only see them when she stretches out a looot! Her dehydration is also, like I said in the initial post, gone!

If she was underfed then she could be over 2 months. Not by very much though, I would use 2 months as her age. Spurs are usually visible straight from the egg so she is a girl :)

Alright, thank you! :D I figured she was 100% female, but I had to ask. I know some breeds can be SO hard to determine at an early age... I wasn't entirely sure when spurs were visible on the veileds :)

Looks almost the same size as mine and I was told 3-4 months at the store and more like 3 on here. I had mine in my hand the other day and realized just how small he is. He is the size of my pinky. Ive never had a cham this small before.

Yeah, pet stores either don't know, or completely underfeed them to the point that it stunts their growth. The only knowledge I have, is that they (The first baby chameleons) arrived at the pet store shortly before Christmas. They looked REALLY small then...all head and tail. I wish I had a picture, as it would probably help! She's smaller than my pinky I believe, with her tail she's slightly longer. She does seem to be growing now though, after having some food put in her!

I bought my boy at two months and he looked like exactly that small. He was born on July 27 estimated cause he sheds usually toward the end of the month on those days. And I bought him on September 5 he had to be atleast two am sure of it. Your cam looks like 2 months going on 3:D

Was your cham pretty much starved though? That might have stunted her growth, thus making her more in the direction of 3 months :)

Thank you for all the guesstimates! I'm going to go ahead as say that on Febuary 1st she will be around 3 months, that way on the first of each month she will become one month older! Maybe she will show her true age in the future... I know how hard it can be to guess the age of animals when no birthdate is known, but I do appreciate the assistance in guessing!

Back
Top Bottom