How old is too old?

DChalo

I was wondering for chams (and most lizards in general), how old is TOO old to breed? Can a 2 year old male mate with a 5+ year old female? Or is there a certain menopause like thing that chams go through

Well i didnt say i was going to. I just wanted to know if there was a certain age that chameleons stopped being able to reproduce

females i think should be always in their prime to be a breeder.

males i think last longer,

remember for panthers they ive only between 5-8 usually, so 5 years is sorta up there especially for females.

i stick with females between 1+ -- 3 years max, but thats my honest opinion, you gotta consider the overall health of the female and each clutch can take a toll on them

I would stop after she turns three. So, my female would only be able to reproduce for two years, and I'd do everything in my power to ensure the clutches weren't huge and that she didn't have too many. I'd shoot for 20-25 eggs, in two clutches. Just my opinion.

LPR08

I would stop after she turns three. So, my female would only be able to reproduce for two years, and I'd do everything in my power to ensure the clutches weren't huge and that she didn't have too many. I'd shoot for 20-25 eggs, in two clutches. Just my opinion.

LPR08

I didnt know you could control the amount of eggs they laid, thats neat

Not the exact amount... But a small or large amount by regulating food intake, temperatures, and other things.

Back
Top Bottom