How old is Rango??

Hi, so I'm very new to keeping chameleons Rango is actually my very first one we got him from Petco on February 14 (First picture is when we got home) they told me he was around 3 months when we got him I just wanted to see if that correct? The second picture was him yesterday 😁

Attachments

• IMG_2390.jpg
    IMG_2390.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20220308_151847274.jpg
    IMG_20220308_151847274.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 61
Thank you so much for your quick reply, I was thinking he was more like 5-6 months do you think that might be in the right range? He finished shedding 2 days ago but it took him around 48 hours to completely get all the shed off, Also do you know exactly what type of vield he is?

Hi and welcome to the forum! :) Since this is your first chameleon, I’d like to help guide you to the most accurate and current source for husbandry. I suggest you read them all of the modules here https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/ and then this section https://chameleonacademy.com/veiled-chameleon-care/ Once you’ve done that, please come back here with any questions and for help in getting everything set up just perfect for your little cutie.

Thank you everyone! I'm glad he looks good! I want him to be as healthy as possible, I know he needs a variety of feeders but I can only get him to eat crickets even when I put them in the same feeder cup together

So it may just be the image and the way he is holding it but the right front arm does not look as straight as it should to me. Have you gone over your lighting and supplementation? If not I would love to have you post images of your enclosure lights down and your supplements.

He is in no way 3 months. looks more like 5-6 months to me.

Oh my gosh I never noticed that, here is a picture from the other day does his arm look ok in this one? I was actually reading some of the info that MissSkittles posted links for and I didn't know that the compact uvb build was not sufficient enough for chameleons (People at petco totally sold that telling me it was the best) Which linear bulb do I need to order for him? I use his calcium without d3 everyday and I do his reptivite every Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_20220308_151804865.jpg
    IMG_20220308_151804865.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 40
Oh my gosh I never noticed that, here is a picture from the other day does his arm look ok in this one? I was actually reading some of the info that MissSkittles posted links for and I didn't know that the compact uvb build was not sufficient enough for chameleons (People at petco totally sold that telling me it was the best) Which linear bulb do I need to order for him? I use his calcium without d3 everyday and I do his reptivite every Sunday
Looks better there and nice and straight. But if you are using the compact UVB lighting you want to get the T5HO linear fixture. The one that was linked above by @Thatcher works. You would then place the basking branch 8-9 inches below the bottom of the fixture with the fixture sitting on top of the cage. This will put him in the correct UVB level. When you have time I would suggest a husbandry review as well. Pet stores tend to sell people the wrong items because they are not educated in correct husbandry.

Back
Top Bottom