how old is my boy?

thank you so much! i appreciate all the info and i love learning new things about my little guy. i'll definitely keep this information in mind when he gets older.

also, im contemplating on getting my plants a grow bulb. is it possible for them to survive just with the T5HO UVB bulb?
About the only plant that will not struggle without a plant bulb is a pothos. Even then a pothos will not grow as well as it could with plant lighting.

Look into LED lighting and or T5HO 6500 daylight bulbs. I use the daylight bulbs because I have not upgraded or added to my plant lighting yet. They work great as well but not for things like hibiscus. Hibiscus need HIGH light LED to be able to bloom.

About the only plant that will not struggle without a plant bulb is a pothos. Even then a pothos will not grow as well as it could with plant lighting.

Look into LED lighting and or T5HO 6500 daylight bulbs. I use the daylight bulbs because I have not upgraded or added to my plant lighting yet. They work great as well but not for things like hibiscus. Hibiscus need HIGH light LED to be able to bloom.
Pothos could live on tic tacs and coca cola lol

@Beman hi beman! how old does he look now? id say he's definitely three months!! he is three inches from his head to the base (or start) of his tail. the first picture was taken may 2, the second picture was taken may 15.
B56315A2-C8F7-4041-9134-6D41350CC7F4.jpeg
42E0F104-9503-4A54-A1C7-C06366F76021.jpeg

Yeah somewhere in that 3 month range. It is really hard at this point because we are giving best guess based on length. The issue is they grow at different rates depending on genetics and food intake. A cham this age that is getting 24 feeders a day or more vs a cham getting 8 (which is far too low) are going to have different growth rates.

Your overall husbandry is on point but this is also something that can impact growth rate.

Are you sure that he is a he? I see no spurs on his (or her!) rear feet, which is how you tell at a young age. Plus, some of his colors look a bit female to me (the pack of yellow bars and lack of black pigment on the head).

Are you sure that he is a he? I see no spurs on his (or her!) rear feet, which is how you tell at a young age. Plus, some of his colors look a bit female to me (the pack of yellow bars and lack of black pigment on the head).
yes i am sure! here's a few pics! i think he might be too young for some of his male colors.
image.jpg
!
image.jpg

will he start to show different colors (besides green) when he gets older?
So green will be his base color. He may fire up with yellows and blues. They are all different depending on their genetics. You will see changes to the white spots as well. Some may go black.

Take a look at my album and work up to page one. It will show you what I mean by the changes to the white and even when they fire up compared to resting colors. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/bentley.6707/page-3

So green will be his base color. He may fire up with yellows and blues. They are all different depending on their genetics. You will see changes to the white spots as well. Some may go black.

Take a look at my album and work up to page one. It will show you what I mean by the changes to the white and even when they fire up compared to resting colors. https://www.chameleonforums.com/media/albums/bentley.6707/page-3
he's so cute!! i cant wait to see my guy grow up, i hope he looks like yours lol! thank you for all the info!

hi guys! should i cut back on the amount i feed him since he is now a juvenile? his body (no tail) measures 4 inches. i am thinking about getting him a fecal test from rainbow mealworms as well.
6AD89DA7-3AAE-4764-A32A-889E7FE4B92B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom