How old do you think this guy is??

Bacteria77

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362411884.233602.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362411898.357236.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1362411915.601073.jpg
So we got a new baby and were told it was 6 weeks.. But it's soooo tiny.. And he doesn't have much of a crest.. Anyone have any ideas? Maybe 3 weeks??

that is the tiniest veiled i have ever seen!!!! im sure some veiled breeders will see this and be able to guestimate his age for you! ill see if i can track any down :)

Last edited:
Id say that baby is no more than a month old.

I have veiled babies now, and they are just slightly older than that.

Fruit flies and pinhead (hatchling crickets)

and for the record he shouldnthave been sold to you that young.

I thought it was younger then they said.. I don't understand some people.. Obviously have animals for the wrong reason and that's sad.. :( I will definitely get some fruit flies.. Unfortunately our reptile store doesn't sell pinheads.. And good tips in raising this baby boy to be a healthy man?? And thanks for the information! :)

you can order pinhead crickets from one of the sponsors of this site really cheap! if you look in the upper right hand corner of this screen, theres a button that says view our sponors some of those sponsors sell cham food and some sell pinhead crickets :)
check out this veiled caresheet, it has very accurate info on how to raise a healthy veiled! https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
if you have any questions always ask we're here to help!!!

Last edited:
Low temps, lots of water, food, foliage. UVB bulb, i suggest using one thats not brand new out the box, as their baby eyes are sensitive.

Thanks for your help.. We have 2 other chams also.. I gave him a UVB bulb that was already used for a month.. He is in our other males old cage. I Told the breeder that I wanted a Cham that could eat 1/4 crix or I would have waited.. Our other chams were 3 months when we got them. So this little guy is much different.. :)

younger guys are more delicate for sure, do you know where you can find some fruit flies for him? it sucks when breeders just want to make a quick buck instead of actually do what is best but with the right care he will be just fine! what other kinds of chams do you have? :)

younger guys are more delicate for sure, do you know where you can find some fruit flies for him? it sucks when breeders just want to make a quick buck instead of actually do what is best but with the right care he will be just fine! what other kinds of chams do you have? :)

Yes we can get some fruit flies at our local store.. We only have 1 reptile store in town and it's not really that good.. I will b going to the city this weekend and will pick some pinheads up.. We have 2 other veileds.. They r 5 months and r doing great... I just want this guy to be happy and healthy :)

IF you can find a petco they sell jars of fruit flies.
Id say buy 2 or 3.

they reproduce decently fast and your guy will love them.

this forum is great, so much info to be shared :) im sure he has a great home and a long life to look forward two with you guys!! each cham grows at their own rate but he does look really really small i wouldnt be surprised at all if he was 3 weeks old. it blows my mind when breeders sell them that young but im glad he has found a good home with you :) let us know how the fruit flies go over with him!!

So we don't have petco in Ontario.. Which sucks.. And out reptile store in town wasn't open on Monday.. Called them today and they don't have fruit flies or pinheads... He said he would order us some tho so we won't get any till Thursday.. :( so we have been trying to find the smallest crix we have.. And Waldo has eaten them up.. Hasn't ate many but did eat a few.. I just don't want him to starve till Thursday... :(

is there any phoenix worms, silk worms, mantis, blue bottle flies, pill bugs, horn worms, meal worms, or waxworms available? meal worms are rather difficult to digest so they cant be regularily used but if you can find them you can give him a few to hold him over. wax worms are fatty and are used as treats only so you can give him a few of those to hold him over too. he wont starve until thursday dont worry!!!
also, some veileds enjoy eating fruits and veggies as treats. this might be a good time to try one to two things :) keep in mind they are only for treats and should only be given once a week or veggies could probably be given twice a week because they should be getting their nutrition from gutloaded feeders. check out this thread, it has a list of fruits and veg that some veileds have really liked! https://www.chameleonforums.com/fruits-veggies-feed-my-veiled-cham-103071/
let us know how it goes!!

Back
Top Bottom