How old do you think my chameleon is?

How old do you think my chameleon is? I recently purchased a veiled chameleon from his owner. He told me that the chameleon was about a-year-old, but a local Chamaeleon breeder told me that there’s no way this could be true. He hasn’t really gotten any coloration yet, and his body not including the tail is about 6 inches. I was hoping to get some input from experienced Chamaeleon owners. At what month does their crown start to get bigger?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 72
Once they get to true adulthood it’s very difficult to identify age with any real degree of certainty. I see no reason why he couldn’t be one year old. Color and casque sizes vary wildly from cham to cham, even in the same clutch.

When it’s all said and done, you’ve got an adult.

He’s growing like a weed though and he was no bigger than my hand when I got him 3 weeks ago.

Once they get to true adulthood it’s very difficult to identify age with any real degree of certainty. I see no reason why he couldn’t be one year old. Color and casque sizes vary wildly from cham to cham, even in the same clutch.

Back
Top Bottom