How often should I give my chameleon "Fluker's Calcium with vitamin D3?"

Humberto4790

I know you have to cover the crickets with this calcium, but how often do I give it to him, and how many calcium covered crickets do I give him the day i'm supposed to give him the calcium?

Im not sure about the amount but i know that you need to give your chameleon calcium with d3 about twice a month. Although, how old is your chameleon?

Im not sure about the amount but i know that you need to give your chameleon calcium with d3 about twice a month. Although, how old is your chameleon?

Well, the lady at Petsmart had no idea, but my chameleon is a juvinile, he is about 4-5 inches from the tip of his horn to the start of his poop shoot. I hope you can give me an estimate on his age based on his size.

Well first of all you'll need three seperate dusting powders. Calcium with d3, calcium without d3 and a multivitamin like rep cal herptivite. You should dust with d3 only 2x a month, I do every first and third monday of the month. I dust every cricket I feed my cham on those days with the powder, you do not need much just a couple taps on the container and that should be enough. Also if you do not know you use calcium without d3 at every feeding and use the herptivite 2x a month as well.

Also it's very hard to age chameleon precisely, we can only guesstimate how old your cham may be..

I know you have to cover the crickets with this calcium, but how often do I give it to him, and how many calcium covered crickets do I give him the day i'm supposed to give him the calcium?

It depends. Does your chameleon go outside? do you use UVB tubes (what kind)?
what feeder/prey do you offer ? (not just crickets, hopefully)
what do you feed to the prey / gutload with?
how much d3 is in that particular brand? (what is the nutritional analysis/guarantee)

To determine what is best for your particular situation, I suggest you read these two blog entries:
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/65-supplements.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/sandrachameleon/174-whats-supplements-brand.html

Whenever you offer crickets, they should be LIGHTLY dusted with calcium. Whether or not you need to dust with a vitamin powder, or a mineral /calcium with D3 powder (like the one you have) will depend on the situation.

It would also depend on what kind of chameleon you have - your best bet is to read care sheets in resources- it's possible that they gave you more miss information on cages and substrate -

i only have calcium without d3..is it problem if i dnt use it???

As said before. You have a veiled? He needs calcium with d3 twice a month. Multivitamin twice a month and plain calcium every feed. Put your insects in a jar, LIGHTLY dust shake container so dust covers all insects and feed.

Back
Top Bottom