how often do you handle your cham?

sulley

i just wondered as many people have different views on the amount of handling you should do.
how often do you handle your cham & how long for?

6 month old Nosy Be male - Handled about 2-3 times per week for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it's just to take him out of his inside enclosure to put him in his outside enclosure for some sun.

10 month old Ambilobe male - too new for me to handle. he's quite shy so we'll see. I hope he warms up so he can enjoy some Houston sun as well.

I don't handle mine, the only time I do is either to check them over every now and then or to show the parents off to a buyer after the young

Depending on him really. My panther really loves me and would love to climb into my hand to free range in the garden nearly every 2-3 days!

Everyday. My boys come out on to their free range every afternoon. They walk out on to our hands and we put them in their free range. Our panther proceeds to reach out and practically jump on to us every time we walk by. He likes to crawl around on us then back on to his trees. On the weekends we take them outside when the weather is nice.

OUst 10 months old. Every morning gets hand ride to under the water mister. every night he gets a crest rub and a tail flogging. Rarily does he get "handled" for more than a minute.

did they warm up straight away to coming out everyday? at what age did you start it?

With my panther we started by hand feeding from the time we got him at 4 months old. He was pretty easy and friendly from the start. We then let him walk out and crawl on us for a few minutes each day to get him used to us. We felt that starting from a young age and working with him everyday was the best approach. And it worked for us, he is calm and friendly and is comfortable with us.

Our Jackson on the other hand, we got him when he was older and left him alone for the most part. He is much more shy and skittish. After working with him he will walk out on our hand for a ride to his tree, but that is it, he doesn't want to be touched any more than that.

Back
Top Bottom