how often and how much to feed an adult / juvenile panther chameleon?

sarie

my chameleon is almost five months. he eats A LOT. like 15-20 3/8 or 1/2 crickets a day. he also gets black solider fly larvae and dubias. when do i stop feeding him every other day, and for people with adults, how many bugs do you feed?

I feed my 2 year old panther 2 medium size orange head nymphs' every other day. Sometimes he will only eat one of them and I'll take it out at the end of the day. You don't want them to get fat so that the top of their head looks like a but.

At this point your feeding every day. I would transition to every other day feeding with a Panther around the 11-12 month mark. At about 7 months or so they should start curbing back on how many they want. Follow what the cham does if he drops to 10 a day then do that. Growth rate slows and they respond accordingly. They are not bottomless pits like Veileds are.

Opinions on this will vary. My panther is about 10 months now, and he's tapering himself off. Not all chameleons will do this but some will. If yours doesn't, I wouldn't cut down drastically/suddenly; I'd taper over the course of a month or so.

Basics: Feeding Chameleons

Back
Top Bottom