How often and how much crickets?

I just recently got a 3 month old Panther chameleon. I noticed on here under Panther chameleon care it said to give a 3 month old 10-12 small crickets daily. That is what I have been doing. Is this information correct?

View attachment 251767I just recently got a 3 month old Panther chameleon. I noticed on here under Panther chameleon care it said to give a 3 month old 10-12 small crickets daily. That is what I have been doing. Is this information correct?
A better rule is that juveniles up to 9 months of age can be fed as much as they will eat. More important is the variety of feeder and the quality of your gutload.

Again, it’s way more important to make sure what you’re feeding is as nutritious as possible. You can feed 50 small crickets/day and have poorer results than feeding 10 properly gutloaded feeders. Don’t worry about over-feeding at this age, just don’t feed past about 5 hours before lights out.

Again, it’s way more important to make sure what you’re feeding is as nutritious as possible. You can feed 50 small crickets/day and have poorer results than feeding 10 properly gutloaded feeders. Don’t worry about over-feeding at this age, just don’t feed past about 5 hours before lights out.
Ok. Thank you. I was worried about overfeeding him. I have been and will continue to make sure to gut load feeders.

In case you're looking for more info... here are two videos you might like:

How much to feed your chameleon

How to gutload bugs for a chameleon

Back
Top Bottom