How much to feed a 8/9 month old male panther?

Balien

So I recently picked up a male panther from someone, he is about 8/9 months old. The guy I got him from said that he has been feeding him 2 dozen crickets every other day, but a couple people on another thread said he is looking a little chubby.

How much should I be feeding this guy? I have the whole gutloading and supplement thing down, I’m just not sure about quantity/frequency. I’ve seen a lot of conflicting info- from 10 every day, a dozen every other day, 2 dozen every other day etc...I don’t want to over feed my guy but I also don’t want to starve him!

generally its "as much as they can eat in a sitting". And then you can adjust the schedule from there. If you are feeding him 7 times every 2 weeks, well just feed him 5 times every 2 weeks. Once they are true adults you will go from 2 dozen crickets every feeding down to 1 dozen crickets per week or less.

My guy is eight months old and I'm doing 8-10 feeders per day about. It depends on the size and type of the feeder of course, so sometimes less, sometimes more. More qty if I'm feeding him flies that day, for example, less qty if I'm feeding him fat dubias.

My guy is eight months old and I'm doing 8-10 feeders per day about. It depends on the size and type of the feeder of course, so sometimes less, sometimes more. More qty if I'm feeding him flies that day, for example, less qty if I'm feeding him fat dubias.
This is what I do with my 7 month olds as well. Keeps them well fed but also lean and not obese. I've been reading up on whether to cut back on feedings to every other day at 9 months or 12 months of age. Seems like there is some contradiction there.

Don't be afraid to mix it up from just crickets, bsfl are great staple feeders if you can find large ones online I'd recommend that route my local shop carries them but often times they are smaller than ones I've ordered online. Also any that go unfed turn to flys and are an enriching part of you and your Cham day he can hunt and put on a show for you.

Sadly my dude refuses to eat dubia roaches which seem to be a great alternative to crickets but he loves silk, horn, and super worms.

Don't be afraid to mix it up from just crickets, bsfl are great staple feeders if you can find large ones online I'd recommend that route my local shop carries them but often times they are smaller than ones I've ordered online. Also any that go unfed turn to flys and are an enriching part of you and your Cham day he can hunt and put on a show for you.

Sadly my dude refuses to eat dubia roaches which seem to be a great alternative to crickets but he loves silk, horn, and super worms.

My guy loves dubias luckily! I’ve been feeding him mostly those and crickets until I can get some other worms in, and super worms definitely seem to be his favorite treat. He wouldn’t touch the black soldier fly larvae lol so I dumped that into the dirt into his plant so he can have some fun whenever they turn into flies

Back
Top Bottom