How much should my 14 month male veiled chameleon eat

DChalo

Well my veiled is shedding at this moment and it is taking forever but i was wondering if the shedding should affect his diet? Because i only got him a few days ago and he eats 2 or 3 crickets and 2 superworms a day. I dont know if he is being underfed or not. My babies eat 20 crickets a day.

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Most of us feed adults every other day. I would give him 6 or a max of 8 crickets every other day. It is pretty easy for us to overfeed these guys when we have them in captivity where they aren't out hunting for their next meal. Babies at my house get to eat whatever they want. jmo
Some chams are affected by shedding and change eating habits, some don't. An adult will usually take forever shedding, where babies just "drop & go".

Hi there, welcome to the forum. Most of us feed adults every other day. I would give him 6 or a max of 8 crickets every other day. It is pretty easy for us to overfeed these guys when we have them in captivity where they aren't out hunting for their next meal. Babies at my house get to eat whatever they want. jmo
Some chams are affected by shedding and change eating habits, some don't. An adult will usually take forever shedding, where babies just "drop & go".

How much superworms are equivelent to 8 crickets?

You can gutload/feed crickets and superworms, locusts, roaches a wide variety of greens (dandelions, kale, collards escarole, endive, mustard greens, etc.) and veggies (carrots, squash, zucchini, sweet red peppers, sweet potato, etc.).

I would feed a male enough to keep him from being too fat or too skinny. (With a female its a different matter.)

Back
Top Bottom