How much should I feed him

Cameryn

Hey I’m trying to figure out how much I’m going to feed my Cham I’ll probably get a Male baby and am getting roaches how many should I feed him and how many when he is an adult (I will be doing hand feeding by the way).

Last edited:
It is typically recommended to let them eat as much as they want when they are babies. It totally depends on the size of the roaches, but anywhere from 8-12 a day as a baby would be a good ballpark. As they get older their appetite decreases to something around 3-8 every other day. Keep in mind every chameleon is different and these are rough numbers.

Also be sure to properly gutload your bugs before feeding them off.

Ok yeah I’m planning on feeding the bugs carrots and any other vegetables I can find and I have read the care sheet for feeding the bugs

I have heard some people can develop roach allergies. Not sure how many people have experienced this on the forum but keep that in mind when handling. :)

These may be of use. When gutloading you need to provide an assortment of green leafy veg. It is not for the bugs to eat it is for them to eat the correct items that then pass nutrients on to your cham.

chameleon-food(1).jpg
chameleon-gutload.jpg

Back
Top Bottom