How much should crickets be dusted with calcium?

rachelk

How much should I dust my crickets and how many times should i dust them with calcium D/3 and calcium without D/3??

If you cham is an adult, you should use plain calcium at just about every feeding. Twice a month calcium with D3 and once a month a multi vitamin such as Herptivite. On the days that you use the D3 and multi do not use the plain calcium because they already have calcium in them and only lightly dust your feeders......don't make them look like ghost. If a baby then plain calcium at just about every feeding. Jann

he is 5 months old, so every day dust the crickets with just calcium and dust with D/3 about once or twice a month? is that ok?

Get a cup, give em a rolling shake!

I cleaned out the cup some superworms came in (yes, one with a lid).... put the cricks in there first with the calcium/vit/whatever dust and shake em up lol I don't shake them too hard to cause any physical damage and any mental damage is negligable as they are soon to be devoured by a hungry 5 month old panther chameleon named Evo.

I'm using Rep-Cal herptivite with beta carontene multivitams, and phosphorus free Calcium with D3... So I should only be dusting my crickets with the herptivite once a month? and the calcium D3 every day? I swear i read something to use the calcium d3 once a week, and use the multivitamins 3 days out of the week and plain gut loaded insects the other 2 on a 6 day feeding schedule? Maybe I'm wrong?... ive been doing this with my baby Melleri (6months) i just got about 2 weeks ago. Please tell me if I'm screwing up haha.

I found that the plastic bottle that the drink fuze comes in works great. it has ridges that keep exess powder from falling out. also a paper towel tube fits perfectly onto top(tube used to remove crickets from container). when done you can put lid back on and save remaining powder.

I'm using Rep-Cal herptivite with beta carontene multivitams, and phosphorus free Calcium with D3... So I should only be dusting my crickets with the herptivite once a month? and the calcium D3 every day? I swear i read something to use the calcium d3 once a week, and use the multivitamins 3 days out of the week and plain gut loaded insects the other 2 on a 6 day feeding schedule? Maybe I'm wrong?... ive been doing this with my baby Melleri (6months) i just got about 2 weeks ago. Please tell me if I'm screwing up haha.

You should use plain calcium at just about every feeding. Twice a month calcium with D3 and once a month a multi vitamin such as Herptivite. On the days that you use the D3 and multi do not use the plain calcium because they already have calcium in them and only lightly dust your feeders......don't make them look like ghost. Jann

For an adult cham the most common schedule is calcium WITHOUT D3 every day EXCEPT when 1x/mo using herptivite and 2x/mo calcium WITH D3.

You should use plain calcium at just about every feeding. Twice a month calcium with D3 and once a month a multi vitamin such as Herptivite. On the days that you use the D3 and multi do not use the plain calcium because they already have calcium in them and only lightly dust your feeders......don't make them look like ghost. Jann

Ok, I'll make sure to follow that routine then. i was confused on what and when to dust the crix with. I gut load them, so just to make things clear my new schedule will be dusting them with calcium w/o D3 with just about every feeding, and only using the calcium with D3 twice a month and the herptivite multi vitamin once a month. Will my mellers be getting enough Vitamin A with only using the herptivite multi once a month? and at what age to you begin to move to an adult feeding schedule. And are there any big differences? using one more than an other?

Back
Top Bottom